Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 09-01-2009, 04:54 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Always on the lookout for ideas! =)
Old 09-04-2009, 04:29 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

1. another problem I found. if you have a pre-existing peqdb-revxxx.sql in your database SVN folder, that is already unpacked (IE unzipped and placed in the peq-db SVN folder). when it drops the tables, it will source the previous db version in first, then it will try to source the new version in, but since the tables already exists from sourcing the old sql, it will come up with an error. maybe you could have it delete the new peq-db.sql after it sources so that wouldn't be a problem?

2. i've been watching the auto rebooter for the past several days, and I don't believe its closing out the old world/zone exe's before starting new ones up, when you have it set to auto reboot every 24 hours.

3. when it goes to shut down, it doesn't broadcast "30 mins til server reboot" or any subsequent messages at the correct times. all it does is broadcast the 30 mins, then immediately kills the server. i've noticed that several times, and normally it does this about 4-5 mins early. dunno if thats intended or not. /shrug

think thats it for now. hope this helps you fix it up.

thanx
Old 09-04-2009, 05:01 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

ok found an update to #2 of previous post. what its doing is closing everything but the eqlaunch down, and then starting up another eqlaunch, and it keeps adding and removing launchers to world. still doing debugging on it atm, wish I could just edit my posts cause this mass posting just doesn't seem right lol.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:54 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

yea i just noticed that - i dev'd it in xp and did some quick tests with vista and it seemed to work.

i think it's not working for you cuz serv 2008 is vista based (or vice versa).
you might try changing the shutdown option from "send ctrl+c" to "kill processes directly"

see if that works for the time being.

As far as the old sql's go, i need to look at the code again and see how it searches/sources. i think you may be right as it might be looking for the 1st .gz /sql file it finds.

thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:43 AM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

just to let you know, killing the process directly fixed the issue of eqlaunch not shutting down. I have another feature request tho if you don't mind. could you make an option to lock world when it restarts? cause one of the things i've noticed is when world restarts its doesn't retain its locked status. my server is still in development, and I don't want people coming on until I release it from alpha stages. plus I would think that would be a good feature for the restarter to have.

thanx
Old 09-09-2009, 08:55 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

That's set in your eqemu_config.xml file

change
Code:
<!-- Server status.  Default is unlocked -->
        <unlocked/>
        <!-- <locked/> -->
to

Code:
<!-- Server status.  Default is unlocked -->
        <!-- <unlocked/> -->
        <locked/>
and set your status in your account table to >= 250 and you can log in.
anyone else you want in, you'll need to set their status accordingly.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:57 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

I can probably code something to lock/unlock via a button or option in the next release, as, after thinking about it, it's not a bad idea!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:59 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

was just wondering if there was an update in the works for this program? can't wait to see it, and test it out.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:22 AM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

Code:
[9/13/2009 - 3:15 PM] Error checking updates.
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   at ServerTender.Form1.GetVersionNumber(String f)
   at ServerTender.Form1.UpdateFromSVNNow()
i'm getting this error when it trys to source the eqemu source sqls. i'd try to fix it but its a little bit beyond my capabilities.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:08 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

I'll do my best to get to it this week!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 AM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

awesome, no rush, was just curious. hadn't heard anything about it in a while. and am hoping that everything i'm doin will help out in the long run.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:05 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Thanks for your patience - RL is calling! =)
I'll get to it asap. If you have any more ideas in the meantime, keep on adding them.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:08 AM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

new feature request. ability to load zones as static zones, maybe have it look in launcher_zones table, and launch a zone.exe based on the info inside it? or have it able to launch a bat file that can be config'd for static zones. first one would look prettier to go along with the whole concept of the restarter doing everything, latter would probably be easier /shrug. up to yas
Old 10-05-2009, 03:53 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

it supports use of static and dynamic zones already. it looks in the launcher table - you can do something like:

In the launcher table:
dynamic 5
static 0

In the launcher_zones table
static halas 7000
static paineel 7001

etc

when you run the app, you will see both 'dynamic' and 'static' launchers listed in under world / chatserver/ mailserver.

is that what you were looking for?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

yep, exactly what I was lookin for, ty much.