Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Ibix
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarin
LOUD NOISES!!
Wow man... calm down there. Heck, I was one of the ones banned, and I'm not that mad. I will agree with one of your points, and that's just that there aren't any GLARINGLY OBVIOUS links to the rules from the front page or the main forums list. I don't think that usually this is the problem however. I had read the rules, just felt like they were a tad unclear on some points.

But, let's get to the rest of the post... If I understand correctly, this project is in fact not illegal. That was another misunderstanding that I had, but I would expect that you (having been around for nearly 2 years, and having posted 75 times) would know the facts about the legality. From what I've seen/understood, Sony may not LIKE what is being done here, and it may be against some moral and ethical rules some people may carry, but as far as being illegal, don't you think that with how long this project has been around, they would have been served a CDA and had it enforced if what they were doing was actually illegal?

And finally, underfunded? You use that as an insult? As if it's the fault of the people who volunteer their time to work on this project that they don't have some sort of funding? It's the fault of every person who uses this project's output but doesn't go back to the site after enjoying what they've been playing, and make a donation. I have not made a donation yet but will be doing so once things settle down here in the next month or two. I wonder what would happen to this project if every person who plays on an EQEmu server made a donation of 1/2 of the monthly cost to play EQ? It wouldn't probably be a MASSIVE amount, but I bet it would be quite a nice motivation for the developers to put even more of their time and effort into it... blaming under-funding on the people who volunteer their time... amazing.