Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Default New ATK and Accuracy value analysis

I put this together to figure out how the new values (atk and accuracy) work.

You can get the file here it's an excel file so hopefully most of you can get that open. Sorry that my setup isn't exactly awesome in terms of format.
http://zebserver.com/download/atkacctests.xls

All of the NPCs had a min damage of 100, max damage of 1000. Attackspeed value was -75, STR and AGI were set to 75 (default) and the level of the NPCs was 70. All NPCs were engaged by the same warrior with approximately 10,000hp and 2000AC. The actual values here aren't really as important as the general trend of the data.

I chose to measure the time it took this specific warrior to die at each different value. I feel like this is more important and less ambiguous that figuring out the average damage and hit rate. Also, the trend is more important here than any variable because any given tank has very different stats/AA.

First I tested ATK. I set all Accuracy values to 500. The general trend was hyperbolic. You can see from the graph that any ATK value past 1000/2000 has very little effect on the time to death where as very low 1/10 attack values cause a very large difference. Adjust your attack ratings as you see fit. My graph isn't especially accurate, but it gives you the right idea. Also note that it doesn't show up in the graph but with ATK set to 0 the time to death was 27 seconds, at 1 it was 51. I'm not sure if the code calculates an ATK value if there isn't one set.

After that I tests Accuracy with all ATK values set to 500. Again this is rough data. In the log it mentioned 10accuracy = 1%. The results seem a bit more linear. Again 0 Accuracy behaves much different than 1 Accuracy. 1000 and 2000 were basically the same, probably because it maxes it out at 100%. Also the NPC wasn't hitting 100% of the time (probably not even 50%) at 1000+ accuracy, just more often. The important relation here is the 1000 Accuracy is about 2x more DPS (at least in my tests) than around 10 Accuracy.

I hope this helps other server developers. Thanks to the EQEmu team and submitters for these great new variables I was very excited when I saw todays patch!

Zebuxoruk Server
Special thanks to Tiny the Troll Warrior for dying for me, a bunch.