Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2008, 05:17 PM
trevius
Developer

Default NPC Spell List Recast Delay Not Working

I have done some testing with the recast delay setting for NPC spell lists and it doesn't seem to be having any effect at all. If I am wrong, or just missing something to get it working properly, this post could be moved to the general or server support section.

I first tried setting the recast delay in seconds, thinking that it would be used similar to the recast delay setting for item clickies. That did nothing and did not effect the actual reuse time that NPCs were able to cast the same spell again.

So, I then tried changing it to Milliseconds and that too seemed to have no effect. Even if I set it as high as 1200000, which should be 20 minutes in milliseconds, the NPCs could still re-cast the same spell withing just a few seconds of having cast it. And, they can just cast it over and over again as if it is ignoring that restriction completely.

I am aware that any changes to spell lists requires a server reboot to take effect and I have been doing reboots after each new change I make.

What I am trying to do is use the spell version of Melee disciplines for Warrior, Rogue, and Monk to create a spell list that will let my melee NPCs disc for the new zone I am making. I am also adding discs to my highest level pet class pets (mage, necro, beastlord). I think it will add some nice diversity.

Unfortunately, with the way it is currently working, they are firing off disciplines every few swings and without recast delays working, I will be forced to remove this fun feature.

I am wondering if the code for recast delay on item clickies and player spells might be useful in getting the NPC spells list recast delays working properly.

I also wanted to note that I have the disciplines set as type 1 and type 2 for spell type in the lists. I used type 1 (nuke setting) for damage increasing discs, and type 2 (heal setting) for defensive disciplines.