Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2008, 03:24 AM
trevius
Developer

Default Custom Graphics for GeorgeS Tools

GeorgeS,

I figured I would just start a new thread for graphic update stuff so it doesn't cloud up your normal threads for the tools.

I got some of the button examples done today and am posting them so you can check them out and let me know if you think they are a good fit for your Item Editor. Let me know if there are any tweaks you think would make them better, like if they are too glossy, or too dull, or just not right at all.

In the examples here, I just saved them as BMPs so I could show them to you. So, you can see there is a little white dot in the corner of every button, but that is actually supposed to be transparent so the corners are just a little rounded. I could just as easily just use the color from the background of the tool if that would make things easier.

These are just to get your feedback on and then I will go through and make the actual versions after I know what you want. Once I have the basic layout setup, it is very easy to change the text and make new ones.

The only buttons I made that are exact dimensions to match the ones in the editor currently are the medium sized ones. They match the size of the green buttons you use (87X23 pixels). The others are just rough estimates. So, if you need particular sizes for certain buttons, just let me know and it will be easy to adjust it.

If you like these so far, then all you have to do is pick how you would like them to look when you mouse-over or press them and I can make a set in that color as well. I will also make some minimize, exit and radio buttons if you are ok with what I have done so far.

You can see the full list of what I have done so far on my forums here (since the emu forums limit posts to 4 images per post):

Here are 4 examples of the buttons I have done so far:

I don't want to cause too much extra work for you, so if you don't really want to change this stuff out, it is no biggie. I just noticed that you put a good amount of time in getting the background looking nice and you have a bunch of skin sets in the tool folder, so it seemed like you might want something nice that matches well to finish it off. And, if so, it is the least I can do.

A little description of what I used to make them:
I used the border from the EQ desktop Icon for the border of the button. I used the T. King background from your Editor Tool. And, I made the glossy part myself to make the buttons stand out a bit and to give it a slightly modern and cool look.

Last edited by trevius; 07-30-2008 at 11:26 AM..