Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2009, 04:03 PM
CCor
Fire Beetle

Default Using Linux - No servers appear

Hi all,

I am using Ubuntu 8.10 (Ibex) and trying to run eq through wine to sign into the PEQ server. I followed the instructions on the wineHQ website (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=2939), adding a local copy of d3dx9_30.dll and editing my .ini file. I also followed the eqemu instructions on changing the EQHost.txt file to include Host=eqemulator.net:5998, and added ["C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme] to the shortcut. I am able to get into the login screen, but when I get to server selection, no servers show up, just a blank list. I am running on a macbook and have not yet fixed the dualcore problem (I thought I'd cross that bridge when I got there). I never ran the patcher. I was not able to find anyone else with this specific problem; has anyone seen this before or have any guesses as to what might be causing it? Thanks,

ccor