Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2012, 10:37 AM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Default EQ Solo Server DB Updates

I have posted this quite a long time ago but I still use it for my EQEmu-Rev2214 server that I thought I would repost the file for anyone that may want to use it. These settings are meant for a very low population server without BOTS. Because of the low population, you lack certain things like cool Bazaar items for sale and help from other classes/races for grouping, getting bound, and doing trade skills (like getting imbued metals and such). You also cannot call the help of a Shaman to cast SOW on you when you are about to travel with a low population server. Areas are easier to fight in alone as you can fight things one at a time (usually) and respawn times are increased for you to have time to thin the area out (especially because you are on a low population server and you usually always have an area/dungeon all to yourself). Faster Mana/Health recovery helps you keep pressing on, eliminating down time. When monsters con blue (for example) you know you really could win (and not "you could win if you have 5 friends with you because they punch super hard for a blue con"). The items you get from Tasks, or the Bazaar, are very good...but that is because you are playing alone (usually). To use this...

1. Setup EQEmu and install the PEQ DB to fill the world. Make sure it works then shut it down.
2. Download This FILE.
3. Move all of the *.pl files into your quests/templates folder.
4. Source the solo_server.sql into your peq database.
5. Start up the server and off you go.

This package does quite a bit of stuff...

1. There are Witch NPCs outside almost all starting cities (and Plane of Knowledge) with 400+ tasks total.
2. A NPC in the Bazaar that will trade crafting items for Witch Task items. The crafting items are of the sort that are hard to get usually due to needing a high level class player character to make it.
3. A Shaman in the Plane of Knowledge that will cast Spirit of Bih'Li.
4. Stores in the Bazaar selling tons of magic items. These merchants are in the vendor stalls of the Bazaar.
5. Stores in the Bazaar selling rare spells. They are located in the center ring of the Bazaar.
6. Aggro radius decreased.
7. NPCs don't usually help their comrades.
8. Mounts are cheaper.
9. Recover Mana/Health quickly when resting.
10. Respawn times for NPCs increased.
11. No Drop/No Transfer disabled.
12. NPCs have their stats appropriate for their level (meaning you do not have a level 50 monster hitting you like they are level 70).
13. You do not lose XP or gear when you die.
14. There is a witch in the Plane of Knowledge library that will help you find level appropriate zones to play in.
15. One of the merchants in the Bazaar sells gate, binding, and spirit of wolf potions.
16. You don't lose gear or XP when you die.
17. Monster stats are tweaked so a monster that cons blue...truly is blue...not blue if you had 8 friends with you.

As for the witches with tasks...one will be in the Plane of Knowledge and the others will be near most of the starting cities (except Felwithe as there is one next to Kelethin). These NPCs are Witches of the Velvet Order. They are FINDABLE and they each have a handful of tasks that need to be done. They are placed far enough from the towns so any race can approach them and do the tasks they have. There are a total of 447 tasks among all the different Witches. The Witch in the Plane of Knowledge has tasks from Levels 20-35. The other Witches have tasks from Levels 6-20. They give Cash and XP rewards. They will also have a list of a few items that they will give for completing a task. When you get a task from one of the Witches, you will get a detailed task they want you to do. You will also see all the different items that you may get when you do the task. When a task is complete, you will get the first item in the list. If you do not want that item, simply give the item back to the Witch and she will give you the next item in the list. You can do this around and around until you get the item (from the list of rewards) that you want. Each task will have a sentence at the end that states you may trade in items in this fashion. Each task also has a recommended level so you know if you are ready to handle it or not. Each task is repeatable and has no time limits or level restrictions. Many of the witch rewards (for tasks) have their prices reduced so players can't just go off and sell them for a huge profit. The witches generally give tasks that take place around them (items to get...monsters to kill). You get rewards that will help you play solo even better.

All of the Priests of Discord get replaced with this package and turned into Teachers of Norrath. What these characters do is train the crafting skills past 21 if you have the skill points available. They also bind if asked.

Both Witches and Teachers will explain to the player where they can find the witch that will help them find level appropriate zones to play in. They will also tell the player about the Barbarian in the Plane of Knowledge. They will say where they can get gate, binding, and SOW potions. They will also bind players if asked. They will explain that Brother Dremel may have some crafting items and where to find him. Basically their dialog should really help any player find all of this stuff out...which is perfect since these characters are in all major settlement areas.

I have the no XP/Gear loss only because my wife and I like to play, but nothing is more frustrating when you have to make dinner and you just died..."man...I have to go all the way there and get my body back"...or..."the kids just left me alone for an hour and I got a bubble of XP...only to lose it in a single death". If you want to remove/tweak this, just look in the sql file for this...

UPDATE rule_values SET rule_value='100' WHERE rule_name='Character: DeathItemLossLevel';
UPDATE rule_values SET rule_value='100' WHERE rule_name='Character: DeathExpLossLevel';

...and change/delete to your liking.

Hope this makes your low population server as fun as mine is.

NOTE: Thanks goes out to Akkadius for posting the perl code for the Witch that teleports you to a zone of your choice.

-Djeryv