Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2014, 01:54 PM
typenamehere
Sarnak

Default New server in works, what do you want?

I am looking to start up a new server. I was previously an admin of a sever a few years back with a population over 100. I have a lot of unique ideas and plan to implement them in a fun way. In order for this server to be a success I would like some feedback/suggestions on the route to take with the server. Some things I am considering include;

1. A legit leveling server (slow exp) where boxing is disabled. This server would be solo friendly. It would also include completely unique leveling zones and quests to make it feel like Everquest1v2. There would be group content for end game drops. End came content would consist of needing about 6 players, more with a very high server population. This server would only work with a high player base.

2. Same thing as above except limited boxing (2-3). This would allow people to solo more content, however instead of needing 6 people to do end game content it would involve 2-3.

3. Server starting off close to max level (within 5 levels or so) and gaining new levels would be a very slow process or a flag. Each leveling tier would have a few different completely custom zones with custom quests.

I want to make a server that YOU think is fun. Would you like to see any/none of the above or would you like to see something completely different. Let me know what you would like to see!