Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::LUA

Quests::LUA Section regarding LUA scripts, help, questions, answers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2015, 12:28 PM
silvergrin46
Fire Beetle

Default Need help with global/spells/spellid.lua script

Hello and thanks in advance for any advice you may have to offer. I am developing a rof2 server and attempting to only use lua scripts. I am in the process of converting the perl files I used on my previous server to lua.

These perl files worked fine on the previous server and were stored in quests/spells/spellid.pl. The perl files I am converting used either sub Event_Spell_Effect_Client or Sub Event_Spell_Effect_NPC and I modified them to work based on the existing perl files I examined in the same folder. Examples of these are the Halloween event spells used in toxxulia such as throw pie and retributive fire. I will be happy to post examples of these perl scripts I am trying to convert when I get back to my computer.

I need an example of how these types of scripts are written in lua so that I may have basically a dummy spell cast with a charisma modifier or just blank if possible and trigger this lua script to perform other actions such as casting another spell or to depop a mob if conditions are met.

The only information I found so far was to use function Event_Spell_Effect in the lua script but I'm not sure how to word everything properly. The normal spells on my server activate correctly as do all of my other lua scripts for player and npcs. I am storing these lua spell files on my rof2 server in globals/spells btw.