Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2016, 10:36 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Default Zone crash on new compile

Ok, I am stuck. I have been trying to figure out the problem for over a month now with no success. I pull a fresh source (have even deleted source folder and done a git clone instead of just a pull), rerun cmake (error logging set to 10) and recompile. I get no errors on the compile. I copy all of the newly compiled files to my EQEMuServer folder and launch the server. I have pulled all new maps, all up to date libraries, all new plugins (even gone as far as deleting old plugins folder and just using fresh ones). I run all the sql updates and even rerun shared memory. I launch the server and everything looks fine, no errors running. I am using the private login server and I can log an account in with no problem. I see my server and can connect. I get to the character select screen, select a character and hit enter world. Immediately zone.exe crashes. I have no statics zones set and have 20 dynamic ones loading. I go to the crash folder under logs and its empty no logs at all. I have this running on a windows 10 box and I am using the 32 bit setup. I have Akka's zone controller running (which I have tried disabling and still get the crash) I am also running Akka's diablo loot generator (which I have also unloaded to see if that was the cause). I took out what little custom code I had in also (beastlord pet models). I can resource my database back in and revert to my Nov. 2015 binaries and all runs fine, I just can't seem to update my server source code. I also thought maybe it was just the PoK zone as all my characters are logged off in this zone, so I reverted everything and logged a couple out in different zones. After putting the newly compiled files back in and repatching, I still get the same crash immediately after hitting enter world. Is there any place other than the crash folder to look for what may be causing this? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
Mortow

PS - Using RoF2 client

Last edited by Mortow; 04-18-2016 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: addition