Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2016, 12:38 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Default Multiple bot questions.

I have recently built up an EQEmu server for me and some friends. We have been playing with bots as well. Here are some questions and potential issues we have. Let me also state I am not a code expert but will try to understand and would love to learn.

Feel free to grab a question below that you feel comfortable answering. Thanks in advance.

1. Where are the scripts that tell the bots how to act and what to do? I use HeidiSQL for editing the database but is the code for their actions in a separate location?

2. Originally I was having problems with Bards playing combat songs. I found a thread that said to increase the type from 8 to 1024. This fixes it for the most part. The problem I have is that the bard appears to struggle at keeping the songs going. Most fade before he starts playing them again. Is there a setting I could look into to modify the refresh or is this a limitation on how the songs are coded?

3. Last bard question. He seems to try and twist 5 songs while out of combat. Is there a way of adjusting this to less so that the important one like health/mana regen are going and not fading?

4. This goes into question one. I would like to set it up where melee classes, except tanks, move to the back of the mob like rogues. I saw someone post the rogue code but I have no idea where the code is. I figured i could copy that for all classes I wanted to move to the back?

5. Back to referencing 1 again. I noticed anomalies like casters not hasting my SK but would other melees and pets. I assume this is a potential flag in the code that tells what valid targets for the spells are? I understand them not wasting the mana to haste a pure casters. Maybe even turn it off for pets as well as I believe most casters have their own personal pet haste?

7. What is the best way to modify spells a bot casts. Is HeidiSQL sufficient enough? I assume if I add or remove a row the id column will automatically adjust the numbering? Checking beforehand so that I don't destroy something.

I know I asked a lot of questions. I didn't want to create a bunch of threads but I know it can be an eyesore having so much in one thread. For those that stuck in there, thanks!