Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2016, 08:43 PM
fzzzty
Fire Beetle

Default Trouble getting a new server going [SOLVED-ish]

I've been working on a script to fire up an EQEMU server on FreeBSD (my preferred OS, God help me). I started from the tutorial on the main page, which apparently and surprisingly (being on the main page) is dramatically outdated, but thanks to the googlecode thread, I was able to get my server up and running...once. The secret sauce that I screwed up, it seems, which actually make it work, was using the old database mentioned in the tutorial. Thanks for that tutorial, it definitely helped, for all but maps. If I had privileges I would edit it or put up a new one with my work, but I digress...

After looking through the above mentioned thread, I ran "eqemu_update.pl installer" and that somewhat worked. I got my maps, which weren't available from the tutorial (I copied them from my EQ install, which just isn't correct). However, the database just won't work. I get tons of these (this is the first):

Quote:
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'eq.character_bind' doesn't exist
Missing DB Update 9096 '2016_03_05_secondary_recall.sql'
So it seems that the scripts maybe aren't getting applied in the right order or I missed some prerequisite. It looks like it's pulling from this repo, so for a new server should it just run those in chronological order? I guess I was expecting some sort of epoch script...

Oh okay upon further poking I discovered peq_db. And sure enough, character_bind is in there. Hmmm... Anyway I forked all the shenanigans and will do pull requests when I get it working. I already added getopt and a few Windows-only barrier checks to the update script.

My script is all just raw unadulterated sh, btw, not the Language That Shall Not Be Named. We'll see how it goes.