Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2004, 04:26 PM
molimo140
Hill Giant

Default Planar Progression Based Server

I've desided to postpone my Lord of the Rings server as It seriously would take me too long to get running and i really do not have the patience...heh =/. How's this for a server:

Server is mainly based around a custom planar progression quest. Each plane (Non raid) Has a section for exping, and a section for raiding. The server in itself will be heavily raid-oriented. In order to progress through you must do all the raid sections of the regular exp zones. After completing all the events in the exp zones raid section, the first raid zone becomes open to you...you complete the events in that section and move on to next raid zone..etc.

In the end it opens up a few GoD zones because there arent enough zones in PoP to accomodate enough variety to keep the server interesting (1 zone for 20 levels = boring as hell :P) After completing the planar progression quest you get an orb from the planar projection that will spawn as a result of killing the final boss. This orb you hand to specific NPCs in certain planes to spawn the "Boss of the Bosses" kind of mobs, very hard encounters...etc. After that you can farm items, pvp in arena, and such.

Max level would be 90 including custom spells, armor, weapons, etc, as I'd like to allow a wide variety of difficulty of raids.

Each non raid zone, (exp zones) will be split into rough sections, where 1 or 2 types of mobs spawn, all being placeholders for 1-3 named per type of mob. In addition, random "yard trash" mobs will have a chance of dropping something nice, so you dont just have to kill named to get the loot =).

In addition to leveling there will be a number of special quests to be done, for all varying levels.

Any Feedback / Ideas/ Questions on this server idea? Please post.