Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default 0.6.1DR1 with perl??? Help!

OK so here is my problem..Sorry Im a total noob but I need to understand this so here goes..
First off..I did the 0.6.1DR2 tutorial by sesmar..Well everything worked great except that my eq version wasnt compatible..I even started Boot5zonesperl
and watched as the quests were loaded!
OK..so then I went to this page

http://www.steelpsychos.com/index.php?link=eqemu.php

And DLed all 3 0.6.1DR1 packages..I just used the same database as I got from sesmars tut. OK so I got the non perl version working like a charm and have been playing and learning about spawning and such for maybe a week now.
So heres the clincher! I decided to try the perl version. In the folder there is no Boot5zonesperl or zoneperl.exe!!!
When I start the zones using Boot5zones everthing works great. I can play normally. But no perl! It dont even show that quests are being loaded in zone.exe.
OK so I decided to play..I used the Boot5zonesperl and zoneperl.exe from the sesmar tutorial..No go..So I used them from the compiled perl binaries from this tut

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16120

OK so it loaded the quests but there is an error loading items in the zoneperl.exe screens..

So...For 0.6.1DR1(perl) am I supposed to have a Boot5zonesperl and zone perl??? Cause its not in the perl version folder.. I cant do this tutorial.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18707

Cause the link that gives the correct binaries dont work...

So now Im screwed!

Any help appreciated..
Old 08-21-2005, 05:13 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Well I did get quests working somewhat..But I tried to hail Grotts and it crashed! I figure its one of my dfault pl or something..And my POK stones dont work anymore..I used the update from suedeworthy.

I might just go back..So my POK stones work..Im gonna have to start compiling and coding myself..Too bad its not Delphi...
Old 09-13-2005, 05:48 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Either the same problem that crashed your 6.1 zoneperl.exe is also in 6.2 zoneperl.exe code, a good possibility, or I think the latest version of ActiveState Perl v5.8 is not compatible with the XS classes the quest subsystem uses and we all need to back off 5.8 and use ActiveState Perl 5.6. I am not 100% sure this is the cause but I was installing ActiveState Perl 5.8 on my laptop this morning and I read the README and it has a blurb in there about 5.8 not being compatible with previous versions of Perl and that XS classes would have to be re-compiled for 5.8. A good test would be to keep your configuration the same and just uninstall ActiveState perl 5.8 and then install ActiveState Perl 5.6 and see if your zoneperl.exe still blows up or not.