Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Dakaar
Sarnak

Default Version 8 SLN File in new cvs?

How do I open this with my current Visual studio .net 2003, am I out of luck? I was able to get the latest sourceforge build going, but when I pulled from CVS and tried to open the package file it says its in version 8.0 and I can only read 7.0/7.1.. Is there already a new version of vs .net I need? T.T

Edit: okay, found this on a website somewhere:

The basic steps to "backwards convert" a Visual Studio.NET 2003 solution so that it can be reloaded and compiled by Visual Stuidio.NET 2002 is as follows:

1) In SLN files, the 8.0 must be replaced with 7.0.
2) In vcproj files (only vcproj), the 7.10 part must be replaced by 7.0.
3) In VB.NET and C# project files, 7.10.xxxx is replaced with 7.0.9466, where xxxx is the build number of VS.NET 7.1
4) In VB.NET and C# projects, the schema version 2.0 should be replaced with 1.0.
5) In RESX files, the types declared are 1.0.5000 and should be replaced with 1.0.3300.
6) In RESX files the base-64 encoded part that describes the version of the stream must change from LjAuNTAw to LjAuMzMw (base-64-encoded versions of 1.0.5000 and 1.0.3300).

But... Why do i need to convert? Is there some patch? the way this says it should only be needed for 2002, but uh, i just freshly installed 2003 (just had to reformat the hd) maybe 20 minutes ago

edit2: okay this is even weirder.. any new projects are version 8, so im kinda confused as to why this was hiccuping telling me i couldnt open 7.1s

O_O oh well.

Last edited by Dakaar; 09-13-2005 at 09:27 PM..