Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Viranimus
Fire Beetle

Default 2 questions

Its been a while, and I might consider redoing EMU.
I had a couple of quick questions...

1: w/ the EQ-Titanium release, On development side, is it possible to use the Monster mission engine to create quests? Is the instancing engine even possible to set up correctly and be used?

2: I tried looking around for this but couldnt get a clear answer on what i was looking for ( im sure the answer is there, but simply didnt find it, or didnt get it)... I currently play EQ live. I have plenty of disk space, and want to run both EQ, and EMU on the same PC. If I install it in a completely diffrent directory do I have anything to worry with, when I run EQ live patching normally. Is there any preventative measures I can take to ensure no corruption, ect.

I figure having 2 separated directorys and installations should be ok... Im just concerned how Windows will read it.

Any imput anyone could yeild would be a great help.

Thanks again.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:48 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
1: w/ the EQ-Titanium release, On development side, is it possible to use the Monster mission engine to create quests? Is the instancing engine even possible to set up correctly and be used?
Short answer no

Quote:
2: I tried looking around for this but couldnt get a clear answer on what i was looking for ( im sure the answer is there, but simply didnt find it, or didnt get it)... I currently play EQ live. I have plenty of disk space, and want to run both EQ, and EMU on the same PC. If I install it in a completely diffrent directory do I have anything to worry with, when I run EQ live patching normally. Is there any preventative measures I can take to ensure no corruption, ect.

I figure having 2 separated directorys and installations should be ok... Im just concerned how Windows will read it.

Any imput anyone could yeild would be a great help.

Thanks again.
no issues, actualy thats the best way to do it, just install Titanium to a directory eqemu or some such, then never patch that folder.

Last edited by mattmeck; 05-08-2006 at 04:31 PM..
Old 05-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Viranimus
Fire Beetle

Ahh... Muchos Gracias