Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:44 AM
foamingseizure
Fire Beetle

Default Account Question

Hey all, I'm new around here and I've just begun messing around with EqEmu, it looks really cool, but I have a question that I can't find an answer to anywhere. I have to go and buy EQ Titanium to get it working, and I'm really just looking to play with myself and a few friends. I want to just get a shaman or druid on one account to buff us while we're playing on my other character, so I'd need two accounts. Do I need to buy two copies of EQ or just the one, and set up two different accounts in my database?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:01 AM
jimbabwe
Hill Giant

you only need one copy of eq, and one account. You can log in multiple characters from one account at the same time. However, zoning is problematic. I think the server only properly sees the last client logged on. So if you try to zone the first one that was logged on it'll crash to character select. What i usually do is camp #1, then zone #2. Camp #2, log on #1 go to my zone, then log #2 back on. Hope that helps.

In addition I don't believe that issue could be fixed with multiple accounts, but I'm not sure.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

You can open 3 eqemu's account on your forum name. See UserCP/login server for see how.
Eqemu does not have any bond with soe, eqemu software only check account created in forum usercp. You can use the same software in 2 pcs, it is not legal, but you can
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.