Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Ravelin
Fire Beetle

Default Full screen

I cant seem to play in full screen, is this normal or is there a problem on my side? When I try to switch to full screen in game it crashes and I cant find a way outside.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:31 PM
vales
Discordant

Try ALT-Enter.

That's Verant's half-assed way of alt-tabbing. :p A long time ago, we couldn't even alt-tab out of EQ to check for info on a website. They finally got around to it about four years later, lol. All this does is shrink it down to windowed mode. When I'm done browsing around on allakhazam or something, I just alt-enter back in. It's better than nothing though.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by vales; 06-13-2006 at 01:41 AM..
Old 04-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Cryptfiend
Fire Beetle

i know im reviving an old ass thread, but i suppose this is my way of proving i did do a search before posting.

i cant play in full screen for some reason. I alt-enter into full screen and it sits there for about 45 seconds - maybe a minute and a half, before the game minimizes to the tool bar and when i remaximize it, its in windowed mode.

any ideas?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:07 PM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

Check your drivers, directX, and that you are running it in a compatability mode for win98.

If that fails to solve it, try using alt+enter to change from windowed mode into full screen while sitting at the user/pw login screen, then exit EQ, and restart it. It should load up now in full screen and run. I used to have a similar issue on my wife's computer using an ATI Radeon 7500 video card. Seemed like it had something to do with how the game stored settings and that changes wouldn't acctually be applied until EQ was rebooted.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Cryptfiend
Fire Beetle

running in computability mode fixed it...thanks
Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptfiend View Post
running in computability mode fixed it...thanks

Thanks for posting the fix!