Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 10-24-2008, 02:44 PM
rev_dynamo
Fire Beetle

Default Problems with all quests.

I'm new here and I'm running my own server via minilogin. I downloaded and installed all the PEQ quests and files, installed them, and I have my server up and running so that I can test it. Everything works great except for one thing:

Most of the NPCs that should talk to me do not, quest items handed to them are taken with no consequence (ie: text or reward), and I can't even get the soulbinders to bind me no matter what I say. I am thinking that somehow perl got installed improperly or is not loading as it should.

Is there any way to test this or to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:52 PM
paaco
Discordant

Make sure your quests are in eqemu/quests and not eqemu/quests/quest

If that is ok and still doesn't work make sure you are installing perl correctly.
I use ActivePerl 5.8.7.813
http://downloads.activestate.com/Act...l/Windows/5.8/

Double click on the ActivePerl download and install it using the default settings. No changes are necessary. Once that is done, do the following
Click Start, then click Run, then type in ppm
( If you are using vista you can hit the windows key plus R to bring up the run command )

Now enter the following, pressing Enter after each Install command.
Note: if you can not find DBD-mysql, use DBIx-MySQLSequence

Install DBI
Install DBD-mysql
Install IO-stringy
Old 10-25-2008, 11:00 AM
rev_dynamo
Fire Beetle

Yes, I ran all those commands before. When I tried to do it again it just told me those packages are already installed. It activeperl always running in the background? Perhaps I need to start it somehow before the server goes up?

I've played on PEQ's public server and their quests seem to work just dandy...

I'm thinking that somehow the EQEmu files are in the wrong places. The quests are where they belong. All the quest .pl files are in there. I looked in the plugins file and it was empty, but there was a plugin.pl file in the main EQEmu file... does that belong in there? I'm just checking every detail to see what I did wrong because it's probably some minor mistake.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:29 AM
rev_dynamo
Fire Beetle

I think I may have figured at least something out...

When I use the batch command given in the server setup faq, it says there should be a window that says "0:sleeping". This does, in fact, happen, but I thought there would be some comments about perl running (nothing pops up in the world.exe window about perl).

Just for testing sake I ran the batch file and then ran zone.exe after everything loaded. I got another "0:sleeping" window, but this time a nice long string of perl execution lines scrolled by. Now when I chat in a zone, the text pops up in this window.

So, is eqlaunch.exe not calling the zone.exe command properly? Should I change something in my batch file? Since I'm the only one playing on this server (for now), should I change the batch command "start eqlaunch.exe zone" to "start eqlaunch.exe" followed by "start zone.exe"?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 10-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Rocker8956
Hill Giant

Is your plugins folder located in the eqemu\ directory? I think by default it gets placed in eqemu\quests\plugins
If the plugins folder is not in the eqemu\ directory turnins and other quest functions will not work.

Below is the batch file I use to startup my minilogin test server. It has always worked for me

Code:
@echo off
start minilogin.exe
Echo Please wait for Minilogin to fully boot up.
pause
start world.exe
cls
echo Wait for World to finish loading... Press Enter when done.
pause
start eqlaunch.exe zone
exit

Last edited by Rocker8956; 10-25-2008 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: Added batch file
Old 10-25-2008, 09:59 PM
enkendu
Fire Beetle

Post Quests wont work

im having a the same problem here also i cant get any quests working, been trying everything been searching these forums forever now i must be missing somthing too, i placed the plugins folder that was in the quests folder back into my EQemu folder and still nothing, even with those 4 .pl files in there, i did run the 3 installs with Active perl as well and i dont know what to do now.

any help would be awesome, im sure its somthing simple that im overlooking