Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 11-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Zydoo
Fire Beetle

Default Random Quest (need help)

hello I have been working on getting this working for my server and after a bit of work Im now only stuck on one thing.

this hole quest is functional up to the last hand in that has a Class check for the reward. We have tried several ways to rewrite it and have meet with little to no success. At one point we had it giving the text reports but no item was given to the player. If you can see the error in the Class / item reward on the final part of the quest it would be rally great.

Code:
sub EVENT_SAY {
 if($ulevel <=75) {
 if($text=~/Hail/i) {
 quest::say("Well $class, I Dont think your ready to take part in this Quest! You Must reach the season of the 76th Breeze first!"); } }
 if($ulevel >=76) {
 if($text=~/Hail/i) {
 quest::say("Ahh, $name . I see you have reached 76 finaly, Took you long enough! Well whatcha want a [quest]?"); }
 if ($text=~/quest/i && $ulevel >=76) {
 quest::say("Well I don't have any thing offical for you today but I could use a [favor], If you have the time."); }
 if ($text=~/favor/i && $ulevel >=76) {
 $client->Message(5, "Dieffer tells you, Nice, Thank You $name. Well here is my problem. The other day I got totaly wasted and lost my Burned Out Lightstone and something else but I forget now. Find me a new Burned Out Lightstone, by then I might remember what else I lost."); }
 if ($text=~/weapon/i && $ulevel >=76) {
 $client->Message(5, "Dieffer tells you, Hah thats right you were helping me, I'm so full.. Ohh thats right you brought me that meal, Thanks again. MmmMmm.... Ohhh my Weapon thats right. Heh dont laugh but I had a Rusty Short Sword, It was dear to me though so I would love to have it back. Would you find it for me please?"); }
 if ($text=~/chardok/i && $ulevel >=76) {
 $client->Message(5, "Dieffer tells you, Yeah I got some strange friends, But it's the best way to find some cool stuff.. Like that Shard of Night I was showing the queen when she flipped out. Im prity sure i found it and she is trying to steal it from me. Mind retrieving it for me? If you can, I have a few things the officals have just given me that you may do."); }
 if ($text=~/offical/i && $ulevel >=76) {
 $client->Message(5, "Dieffer tells you, Well here's the story. The local bots are suckin it up and need new equiptment, The officals needed some one to collect them some shit so they appointed me.... I think ill start drinking now... Well they still need more 2.0 Nightbane, Sword of the Valiant, Random Band of Endless Fire, and Random Flaming Arcane Silk Boots. If you can bring me one of each I have been granted the power to reward you!"); } }
 if ($text=~/task/i && $ulevel >=77) {
 $client->Message(5, "Dieffer tells you, So you think your up to it ehhh. Well we will see. I want you to collect for me a few more things. If you do Ill give you this crazy pair of pants that I found the other night, when I was puking behind a tree... Ummm lets see here, I need a Dragon Touched Mask from the Froglok Krup Watcher, a Feerrott Alligator Charm wich I think you can find in several places but your best bet would be from the Dragorn Laborer, an Eye of the Rigtorgn from Gozzrem, and finaly i need the 200 HP Benefit from a murkglider soulstalker. The 200 hp can be found a few othere places and im prity sure not all the murkglider soulstalkers will drop it eather. Good luck Im sure Ill see you soon."); } }
sub EVENT_ITEM {
 if($itemcount{10299} == 1 && $ulevel >=76) {
 $client->Message(5, "Dieffer tells you, Ohh thank you $name, I remembered something else, I must have dropped my lunch somewhere when I was all waisted. Would you go get me something to eat, like a Misty Thicket Picnic. Possably on a full stomach Ill remember the rest of the things I lost."); } 
 if($itemcount{9662} == 1 && $ulevel >=76) {
 $client->Message(5, "Dieffer tells you, Very nice thank you, ohh well let me eat this in a moment ask me about my [weapon], I think it got lost too."); }
 if($itemcount{5013} == 1 && $ulevel >=76) {
 $client->Message(5, "Dieffer tells you, Hah you found it, I been looking for this thing .....Wait this isnt my...Hmmm, Your prity good at finding my stuff. I should bring you along with me next time I get waisted, so you can keep track of all my crap. By the way I remembered that I was near [chardok] and I thnik the Queen may have stolen someting from me, well I was gettin drunk with her and she flipped out... I think..."); }
 if($itemcount{5841} == 1 && $ulevel >=76) {
 $client->Message(5, "Dieffer tells you, Great! That was prity fast too... You know how to fly or something? Well yeah i have some [offical] business for you "); }
 if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 48147 => 1, 80641 => 1, 80586 => 1) && $ulevel >=76) {
 quest::level(77);
 quest::shout2("Congratulations $name the $class has Reached the Season of the 77th Breeze!");
 $client->Message(5, "Dieffer tells you,  I got one more [task] for you feel up to it.");
 quest::ding (); } }
##from here down does not work
 if ($class == 'Warrior' || $class == 'Rogue' || $class == 'Monk' || $class == 'Berserker' || $class == 'Shadowkight' || $class == 'Paladin' || $class == 'Ranger' || $class == 'Bard' || $class == 'Beastlord' || $class == 'Cleric' || $class == 'Druid' || $class == 'Shaman' || $class == 'Wizard' || $class == 'Magician' || $class == 'Enchanter' || $class == 'Necromancer') {
 if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 32977 => 1, 62815 => 1, 31400 => 1, 64149 => 1) && $ulevel ==77) { 
 my %rewards = ("Warrior" => 99322, "Shadowknight" => 99322, "Paladin" => 99322, "Bard" => 99322, "Cleric" => 99322, "Rogue" => 99320, "Berserker" => 99320, "Ranger" => 99320, "Shaman" => 99320, "Wizard" => 99323, "Magician" => 99323, "Enchanter" => 99323, "Necromancer" => 99323, "Beastlord" => 99321, "Druid" => 99321, "Monk" => 99321); 
 if(defined($rewards{$class})) {
 quest::summonitem($rewards{$class});
 quest::shout2("Wowza, $name the $class has Scored there Epic Pants");
 $client->Message(5, "Dieffer tells you,  Holy crap im waisted... No shit... You actualy got all that crap?!? Well like I said I would, here are the pants. I tried to wash all the puke off them but they still smell kinda funny. Enjoy");
 quest::ding (); } } } }
thank you for any help
Old 11-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Zydoo
Fire Beetle

i saw the error i was having just after posting but for some reason it did not allow me to edit the post. i had closed the quest just befor the final hand in as you can see that was the only problem.

this post can be moved, removed or what ever it works now.

thanks again