Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 PM
arggonuts
Fire Beetle

Still have the bots error stuff and my inability to figure out how to connect to myself. I haven't read much on this because I didn't expect to make it this far.

So yes, when running the start script, I see:
Code:
World has connected with account name: ken
This kind of confuses me. I was under the assumption that the account I created during all this would be the one I use to login from the launchpad. Anyways, if you feel like posting about this last bit, I'd greatly appreciate it, but until then I'll be diving into wikis and google to figure it out.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:58 AM
prickle
Hill Giant

when you setup the privatelogin server, the game server needs to authenticate with it. So, when you get that particular message, it indicates that your EQEMu server has successfully connected to the login server.

Now all you need to do is create player accounts.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:07 AM
arggonuts
Fire Beetle

Alrighty. I'm there, but since I made everything ken/mypassword I'm not sure exactly which "ken" is that is connecting world to the login server. I am right on board with you though. Now I just have to find how/where to create user accounts and what privilege level to grant.

EDIT: I'm all logged in, hopping around (made a frog to test with). Everything looked good. I still have the bot error. When I initially sourced, it was peqdb_rev1052.sql, load_player.sql and load_bots.sql. Then after you told me, I loaded bots.sql and it says everything sourced correctly. I even tried to input the "missing" lines manually and it said duplicates, etc, but when I ./world, it's still giving me errors. I don't have any clue how to use bots anyways. That'll be my next task as soon as I can. Unfortunately I'll be stuck at work all day tomorrow (the reason for wanting a server since I'll be there 2 months straight come friday) and can't try anything you suggest. Regardless, thanks so much for your help.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:54 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

I just had another look at your errors, and it seems you're missing several rows from the rule_values table. Something didn't click right when you initially setup the database. The PEQ database has a file called "rule_values.sql" that is sourced in when you create a new database. This is definitely the source of your bot errors in the ./world output.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:53 PM
arggonuts
Fire Beetle

Well, I tried that, which didn't help. I opened up mysql query browser and naviagated to the rules_values table. The "missing" rules are definitely there. They're all the way at the bottom of the table, high doubt that's the issue, but they do exist.

One thing I think could be that to test these, I've just been doing ./world instead of ./start. I also highly doubt that's the issue, but I'm ignorant about some of this, so I'll check the logs from running the script (if I can get the login server to go back up)

EDIT: Nope, still getting the errors even when running from the script. Didn't think that would do anything anyways. Not sure what's missing. Let me know if you need to see anything specifically.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:42 PM
arggonuts
Fire Beetle

Also now I'm realizing that every account I create has GM status and I have no idea why. Can't find anything to really help on that since the private login server thing doesn't comment anything on it.

EDIT: To be more clear, after messing around with it a bit. I have access to some level 10 commands but nothing above it. Apparently this issue is the reason I can't auto-attack. Basically the only things I can do are taunt and kick and die to cave rats.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:42 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arggonuts View Post
Also now I'm realizing that every account I create has GM status and I have no idea why. Can't find anything to really help on that since the private login server thing doesn't comment anything on it.

EDIT: To be more clear, after messing around with it a bit. I have access to some level 10 commands but nothing above it. Apparently this issue is the reason I can't auto-attack. Basically the only things I can do are taunt and kick and die to cave rats.
Not sure why the GM commands aren't working, but the taunt/kick thing sounds like missing map files (or in the wrong folder).
Old 01-14-2010, 01:28 AM
arggonuts
Fire Beetle

I redownloaded the maps for server/maps/ which I believe is the right directory. I tried maps from sourceforge and from the SVN; both have issues. Anyone able to steer me in the right direction on this one?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:28 PM
arggonuts
Fire Beetle

I got the maps thing figured out. Things can be pretty touchy. My folder was "maps" where it needed to be "Maps". Derp on me. EDIT: Oh the other thing I figured out was I had nothing in the plugins folder. Somewhere along the lines, I didn't copy them from the quests directory. That probably fixed the GM things.

Anyways, I STILL have the bot issue, I'm not sure what's going on with that. I'm going to try to resource, but I doubt that will solve anything. Really don't know what's going on with it. Everything seems to be in order, but perhaps I should check my punctuation. Regardless, thanks for all your help. I'll be leaving tomorrow, so downloads will be out of the question, but I will still be able to access the forums.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

yeah.... Linux is Case Sensitive about everything ... the only time it "isn't" is when an application has been developed to ignore casing of characters; almost no one does that though