Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:59 AM
drakoras
Fire Beetle

Default Oh so long ago

Heya folks. I am wondering if anyone can remember or tell me what happened to the server I used to play on. Sadly for the life of me I can't remember and haven't been able to find it on the list (I'm stuck on dialup so going to each one takes a long time, but I've been looking for months). Heres what I can remember:
  1. Gnomepunter(!)
  2. Augs, epics, armor, and stuff all in pok in-front of where the Crescent Reach stone would be.
  3. A GM named Megmonk or something.
  4. Purchasable armor that had all/all stats in all types (Chain, plate, leather, cloth etc.)
  5. And I think they later implemented bots.

Thankyou
Old 02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Shokata
Fire Beetle

Zarn Barn....unless i'm mistaken.Class act,great design,ton-o-fun....and then it went poof....gone.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:10 AM
merls
Fire Beetle

It was !EQ World and im Megmonk (megamonk,megenc,megclr blah blah blah)

Server owner was Capheus and i was a in game GM, after one of the crashes (i think his video card died and messed up the hdd in the process) he started to rebuild it all but had to much going off in real life to give the server the time it needed so it was shut down.

He said he was hoping one day to restart it but guess that depends on what happens in the future. There is still the yahoo forum for the server though thats dead and not maintained these days so its just got spam in it really now

http://groups.google.com/group/eqworld?hl=en

Was a shame it died as i really liked it there, tried a few other servers but in the end bot fed up with them vanishing so <ducks> i went to play WoW instead for a total change and gotta say im liking it cause a few people i know in real life are there. Must admit though the game is way to easy like eq2. It seems there making games easier these days.

I've still got EQ installed though so might pop back in sometime
Old 02-22-2010, 03:28 AM
drakoras
Fire Beetle

Thats too bad, I was having a lot of fun till I had to leave. We grouped in dulaks harbor, Drakoras the necro I hope it comes back, it was definatly a wonderful server! till then- Raid addicts is keeping me occupied. its cool too.
Thanks for the help
Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 PM
sirgoladith
Fire Beetle

Heh, thats funny. That was the server I was actually looking for. I hope maybe you can get it up again. I miss that server, and my characters...heh, first toon with 2.5 :p