Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:48 PM
cylynex2
Sarnak

Default Database upgrading

Anyone have any recommendations for adding custom content to the db? I wrote a few scripts that weed out my custom items, but for things such as spawns, loottables etc, is there some way to do this without pulling your hair out? If we had a specific range that the peq people added above and we could keep our custom stuff below it or something that would work. I'm sure there's a system that I just don't know about...anyone with experience with it have an answer?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:47 PM
blindaviator
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylynex2 View Post
Anyone have any recommendations for adding custom content to the db? I wrote a few scripts that weed out my custom items, but for things such as spawns, loottables etc, is there some way to do this without pulling your hair out? If we had a specific range that the peq people added above and we could keep our custom stuff below it or something that would work. I'm sure there's a system that I just don't know about...anyone with experience with it have an answer?
Well Georges Tools a VERY good at automating a lot of tasks.. They have a bit of a learning curve but you will get the hang of it pretty fast..

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25110

Download the "Database Editing Tool Suite" as it has tools to let you edit mobs, spawn paths, items and all... So far it has saved me a lot of time and headaches..
Old 07-12-2010, 12:41 AM
cylynex3
Fire Beetle

Sorry, let me clarify, rereading it I see i wasn't clear =)

I have custom items I've added already to the db, including custom lootdrops, tables, adn items. Now if I upgrade to a newer version of the PEQ db, i obviously lose those if I don't preserve them somehow. WHat I'm looking for is if someone has a solution, or knows what numbering system they stick to when adding stuff - I can write some php scripts to handle importing without overwriting my custom data, I just don't know the db/schema well enough yet to know how to preserver my stuff!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:51 AM
robinreg
Sarnak

what I do is that I use HeidiSQL, I would select the table I want to backup. Say I want to save my lootdrop table. I would right click on the table and select bulk table editor. That will bring up a table tool window. I then would select the SQL export and make sure that I have drop and create checked with replace existing data. On the left side you'll see a list of tables you can check that you want to back up on from your database. I would want to save it as "One Big File" on the output list. On the bottom left side you'll see skip tables larger than. I would click put that on "0" so it doesn't skip the one you want to save if it's bigger than what you have it as. On the icon where it looks like a floppy disk, you would click on that and it would pull up your directory in which you want to save your data in. Just give it a name. then click okay and it'll create a SQL file with all your data in it. then when you upgrade your database. just simply source your backup data into your database. It'll drop the exisiting tables on the database and replace it with the one you have. Hope that helps.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

basically, you have to be very SQL literate to make if efficient. Doing simple insert ignores don't UPDATE existing rows...nor would you want them to in case they would overwrite what you put out there.

I basically do everything by hand for every update. Painful the first couple times, but once you get your wpm to 200+ and are a select/join/update god then you'll be fine. Its not really that bad. I can get my server sync'd up to the most recent database, source, and quests in about 30 mins.