Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 10-26-2010, 11:39 PM
DiirkDiggler
Fire Beetle

Default Spell ID Limit w/SoD

Have we hit the mark again where Underfoot and later spells will not function even with SoD's client? Newest PEQ source contains most if not all Underfoot items, many of which display Unknown Spell despite my server having a current live spells_us sourced into it.

TLDR: Underfoot items show Unknown Spell despite spell existing in DB with confirmed matching ID.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiirkDiggler View Post
Have we hit the mark again where Underfoot and later spells will not function even with SoD's client? Newest PEQ source contains most if not all Underfoot items, many of which display Unknown Spell despite my server having a current live spells_us sourced into it.

TLDR: Underfoot items show Unknown Spell despite spell existing in DB with confirmed matching ID.
Upload SoD spells to your database and you should be fine.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:41 AM
DiirkDiggler
Fire Beetle

As said previously, SoD spells ARE in my database. Underfoot too. I can #findspell and see the effects, even cast them. UF buffs show no icons but appear to function properly otherwise. Items show Unknown Spell under Foci/Procs/Clicks. Ideas?

Edit for example: Knight's Heart of the Underfoot Hand Axe (Item 111865) has Blessed Rune V (Spell 23914) as a proc. Spells_new shows 23914 as Blessed Rune V which was sourced from my spells_us.txt which is confirmed the same in both my server and client folders. In game, axe shows Unknown Spell as its proc.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Caryatis
Dragon

I had the same issue when I took the Underfoot spell file from the new steam DL(also with a live spell file as you). Seemed like a cap of 22999(been a long time so probably off on that).
Old 10-27-2010, 01:29 AM
DiirkDiggler
Fire Beetle

After a little testing, max spell ID I can see that works is 23383 Detrimental Mana Pres 22 L90. In between that and new procs are new AA's. Then I tried 23705 Strike of Magic VI which yields Unknown Spell. So the cutoff must be in-between there somewhere. Is it a hardcoded client limitation or is the source preventing parsing higher spell IDs?