Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:29 PM
drumbler100
Fire Beetle

Default Setting up a Emu Rev1887 server?

Hello,

Following the "Updated Windows Server Setup Guide" I run into some problems. To start off, at the very top it states "Download Revision 774 with Bots here. Extract it. You should see a folder after you've extracted it called build - all your files are in there. This will be referred to as the server folder for this tutorial."
However, when I extract EQEmu-Rev1887-Bots.zip (revision 774 I can imagine is quite out of date) there is no folder called build, the only folder it creates is one called sql_updates.

Also, starting in parts 7 of the guide, it goes over things such as copying files eqemulogin.ini, login_opcodes.conf, that extracting EQEmu-Rev1887-Bots.zip has already done. As a result, I am not sure I am following the correct guide, or if someone could point me to a more appropriate guide for EQEmu-Rev1887-Bots.zip (I am just trying to set up my own private server to mess around with) I would appreciate it.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:51 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I think you are using an older guide which is probably the problem. Try one of the following guides. Obviously the server type you are wanting to use will determine which guide you will want to follow.

Public Server
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32980

Private Server
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32293