Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Default Everquest Revisited

So I may have a public host for my server ideas. Will post the specs on the server when I get a final word. I wanted to first throw out my ideas of the server and get some feedback as well as anyone who would be willing to help with development.

So here is my vision for the server:

1) Classic locked for a time period:
Let's face it, when there are 200 open zones for you, its a bit overwhelming as to where to go, what to hunt, what to farm. Starting off in classic helps curve that feel even if it ends up being a little more constraining. That's ok! Hang in there, kill the bosses a few times, we will have Kunark opening 6+ months afterwards. This won't be an easy server so you won't be rushing through it in a few weeks.

2) Overhaul of the entire item database:
Let's face it again, when Everquest launched in 1999 no one was going around in a group of 2 or 3 with rusty weapons killing things easily. While I do not want a solo server, I do want the feel that even a warrior or rogue can progress (slowly, but surely) on their own. I hope that this server will encourage a host of players and as such I want to see items better but not overpowered. For example, rusty short sword will be 7/28 starting out. Not only will normal items be slightly better but so will farmed items. For example, SSoY will be 9/24 +20hp +2 all stats. Again, not only will normal items and farmed items be better, but so will tradeskill items. For example, Platinum Fire Wedding Ring will be +80 hp 10 ac. Along with skill increase, I want to incorporate newer weapon graphics. Items like SSoY will have custom new graphics so instead of looking dull, they will be shiny and cool!

3) Overhaul of aggro and spawns:
Let's face it yet again, if a few people are in a group, having 2-3 adds is disastrous and there are far too few of areas to be able to pick mobs up one at a time. I want to drastically reduce the aggro range, and in certain over crowded areas, (lower guk for instance), spread out (not minimize) some of the spawns. I want there to still be a sense of urgency and thought put into pulling so I will make sure roamers are still roaming!

4) Quests
Let us... yes... face it again. Quests in Everquest have been terrible. We all know that. I want to implement an entirely new system of class armor quests and even weapon quests. This will help out with early on gear.

5) Spells
All spells will be purchasable at your local town from 1-50.

6) Mage Overpowerdness
Mage pets will be scaled down by a bit as well as their nukes to make them more on par with other classes. To keep the feel of a true pet class, their pets will tank a little better but dps a little less. Appropriate scaling will be in affect as they level up to keep them on par (probably still a slight better) than other well "solo" classes.

7) Tank classes
All tank classes will get a slight boost to hp per level as well as armor increase per level. SK's and Paladins will get around 10hp more per level than normal and warriors will get around 15hp more per level. They will all get the same scale of armor, probably 1 ac per level.

8 ) Zerkers and Beastlords/Vah Shir, Iksars, Frogloks, and Drakkin
Will not be playable until their respective content is open and availaible.

9) More ideas to come!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Development has begun, looking to have the server completely ready within the next 5-6 months. Feel free to drop in on the server and keep me company. Thanks goes out to Ganedar for hosting this for me, he will probably have some input here and there, as well as has been an intricate part of development in my lack of know-how.

Any feedback about server vision is much appreciated!

What I would like to ask from you guys along with feedback... What are some primary/secondary items you would like to see with an updated graphic from classic? I'm talking about items that everyone is familiar with, those "special" items, like Dragoon Dirk, Polished Granite Tomahawk, SSoY, Shiny Brass Shield, etc. If you list it here, chances are I will update the graphic! Thanks for input!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Server is progressing, will be tons of fun for solo and especially group play!

Would love a list of items you would like to see with new graphics in classic!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:26 AM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Need a few people to help test content. Please let me know if you'd be interested in helping me test. Thanks!