Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Jencat
Fire Beetle

Default Looks like AAs (not just new) may be broken?!?

So, I copied in the new AA tables from 2197, and am able to spend AA points in-game with no problems. I get the "You have purchased XXX", BUT, they do not appear to be working. For example, adding Innate STR, etc, they don't change tyhe (non-maxxed) values when you buy the AA-- even though they say that I've purchased the properly named AA (in yellow in the text window). Likewise, buying mnemonic retention doesn't give you the additional spellslot anymore-- which I just bought on a toon last night, and it worked. Tried this on three separate test toons with #level and #setaapts to test.

Any advice? With AA, so often, you can't see it work, and just have to trust it, but in this case, it doesn't look like ANY of them are working at all.

Please try a test char and watch the innates when you buy them- at least for me, not working. However, I can only speak for what I see in UF, not SOD/Titanium.

FYI- running 0.8.0 server, was at DB2142, ONLY copied in the AA Actions, AA Effect and altadv_vars tables (and ran the one SQL update in the new pack) from the latest build.

Any advice? Am I doing something wrong?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Jencat
Fire Beetle

Quick edit: FOUR tables moved- also the one for the AA required levels.

I'm reverting now to the old version to see if that solves the issue.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Jencat
Fire Beetle

Reverted back to the old versions of the tables, and now increases are working properly. Definitely a problem with the new AAs.

<edit> In an interesting twist, after I copied the old tables back in, when I logged back in, I had my 9th spell gem available again as well. Heading to bed now-
Old 09-04-2012, 12:36 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

There is something you are missing then. You went from DB2142 to 2197 and only ran the sql for 2197 update. Are you saying you didnt run any of the required/optional sql updates released between 2142 and 2197?
Not all updates are applied at Rev2197.sql.

Correct me if I am wrong but Rev2197.sql is put together assuming you are keeping current with ->l source\trunk\EQEmuServer\utils\sql\svn
Old 09-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Jencat
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
The new AAs were added by Kayen, and are available in the PEQ database (https://code.google.com/p/projecteqdb/downloads/list) or you can source each individual update found in the EQEmu SVN. All of the changes are contained within the altadv_vars, aa_actions, and aa_effects tables, so if you have a custom DB you need only replace/update those tables.

I actually only saw one SQL update (there was a second bot one in the 2160s, iirc, but since I don't have bots enabled, I skipped it) when I grabbed the 2197 database, but may have missed something, will go back and check tomorrow. However, I went with the re-source the tables approach, so I don't think it is likely that a missing field, etc. is the case.

Will try to look before I leave for the office tomorrow, otherwise it will have to wait until tomorrow PM.

In any case, reverted back and it's all working fine again. Except my wife wants her AAs refunded!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:25 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

If you only saw one update then you are likely looking in the wrong place.

Try trunk\EQEmuServer\utils\sql\svn where your server source code is.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:28 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

All of the new AA data is contained in the PEQ database with no need to source additional updates. It is indeed working as the database is tested on TGC.

The first thing that comes to mind, you have to be running a recent build of EQEmu for the new AA stuff to work... As far as I know, there is no prebuilt version that will work, you have to compile your own binaries.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Jencat
Fire Beetle

Am headed to the dentist (ugh!), but going to set the recompile to go as I walk out the door. The original compile I was using was about a month old, built on 8/10... I'll give it a shot!

In the updates folder, I ONLY see 2142, 2165-Bots and 2197 (abbreviating names). Am I missing something obvious?? (Am refering to the /PEQdb/updates folder that just synced with SVN.

Thanks again for the suggestions, will report back; I *really* hope it's just that I need to recompile!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:59 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I don't use the peqdatabase\updates directory, so I could be completely wrong, but it appears that if you only update your source code when there is a new PEQ release and always match it exactly then those updates should keep your database schema in sync.

The updates that are in the source code directory I mentioned above will do the same, and in this case would have given you the new AA data where just using the PEQ updates without sourcing a completely new database would not.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:08 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Sourcing in SQL updates above your binary revision is just asking for problems. Always do both together.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Jencat
Fire Beetle

Chrsschb: point well taken, won't let that happen again.

However, I just re-compiled (the missing pragma statements for the perl510 library threw me for a loop, but it's all good now!) copied over, replaced the AA tables (ONLY- see note below about wife faction!), and AAs are still broken.

Tomorrow, I'll move over the other tables, in case there is something else going on in the DB... gotta go work on the wife faction this evening though.

Would one of you on the most recent server/DB *please* create a newb char, #level it, and give it some AA points, then buy a couple of points in one of the innate skills, and verify that the skill actually goes up on the inventory/stats screen? Either I've managed to make another bone-headed mistake, or there's something wrong-- and I don't know which. (Likewise, purchasing mnemonic retention with the new tables in place is not working, but when I put the old tables back and purchased, the gem instantly popped up as it should.)

Thanks again for the help/suggestions-
Old 09-06-2012, 02:36 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Its working for me on my test environment.
Now if you totally wiped your server and did a brand new install it should work as well.
However I think you are saying that you started with rev2142, compiled the latest rev2197 source and only ran the Rev2197.sql from the peqdb\updates
folder.
If that is the case you missed the XXXX_required_XXX.sql from the source\trunk\EQEmuServer\utils\sql\svn folder.
Those are the sql updates that are released between revision updates, where you are not sourcing the entire db but only recompiling [world/zone/chatserver/queryserv/eqlaunch/emusharemem].

I'm tired so poke me if I'm wrong but thats what I get from reading this.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:48 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

No, all of the updates from EQEmu are always inclusive in the newest PEQ dump. Coming from 2142, one only needs to source updates/Rev2197.sql (if using bots, updates/Rev2165-Bots.sql as well) since they are the only updates after 2142. The updates on PEQ only update your player tables, since any updates to system tables are contained within the content DB. The content DB needs to be sourced in as well which in this case is peqdb_rev2197.sql.

Last edited by cavedude; 09-06-2012 at 02:54 PM..
Old 09-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Jencat
Fire Beetle

Looks like they are working now. I reverted to the 2142 version, then ran all of the required updates listed in the /utils/sql/svn folder. I'm not sure what the difference is (will compare though), but everything appears to be working fine now.

Now I just need to source in all the other tables in 2197 (without wiping out the custom stuff I've changed), then will test it all at once.

Thanks again for the help, hopefully I'll be out of the doghouse now!