Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:35 PM
ibs
Fire Beetle

Default Stormhaven

Hi Emu players,

As a player on Stormhaven, I'm taking it upon myself to give it a little bump on the Emu forums. Stormhaven is currently the green server with the lowest population, which is a huge shame. The server is packed with content that is challenging and fun, but also mostly doable by a single group or one player boxing 4-6 characters. It's also a fairly solo-friendly server via mercenaries, at least until the raid tiers.

The server has been going for years and over that time the GMs, Trev and Kayen, have created a ton of fun content to explore and overcome. So with that said, here is a quick outline of some of the progression content on Stormhaven:
  • Two seperate custom lines of progression from level 1 - 70. One using the older titanium zones (crushbone, unrest, ToFS, Vex Thal, etc.) & one using SoF zones (Crescent, Takish, Stone Hive, Loping Plains, etc.) Each line has multiple sets of quests for custom armor and weapons, interesting clicky items, etc. These zones also include seperate quests to acquire your 1.0 epic.
  • Two seperate ways to level from 70 - 75. One via quest involving Veeshan's Peak and Sol Ro Tower, and the other via traditional exp in The Buried Sea island zones (Monkey Rock, etc.)
  • Two seperate Custom epic 1.5 quests; One in titanium zones, and one in the 70-75 TBS zones.
  • A live-like Seeds of Destruction expansion, allowing players to level beyond 75 (currently 78 - eventually 80). These zones also include custom spells, armor, weapons, augs, etc.
  • Delevel content, where you can fight in classic zones like Sebilis and Chardok, resulting in unique rewards.
  • Five distinct Raid Tiers consisting of several custom zones each with custom quests, events & tasks and rewards including custom armor, weapon & epic upgrades, charms, clicky items, etc.

- Tier1: Tower of Solusek Ro, etc. Custom armor, Epic 2.0 quest
    - Tier 2: Dreadspire, etc. Custom Armor, Charm, clickies, Immaculate weapons.
    - Tier 3: The Accursed Nest. Custom Armor, Charm, clickes, Epic 2.5
    - Tier 4: Ruined City of Dranik, etc. Custom armor, charm, clickies, spells, upgraded Immaculates
    - Tier 5: Solteris, etc. Custom armor, charm, clickies, spells, Epic 3.0

This is not an exhaustive list; there are additional zones in each step of progression with their own unique rewards. In short, there is a lot of content, and it is fun.

Some of the other features/benefits of Stormhaven are:
- a very stable server (very rarely any downtime)
- tons of custom content
- custom events and very unique scripted encounters
- custom lines of spells, weapons, Epics, augs, etc.
- several levels of mercenaries from crushbone to level SoD Tier 3
- ability to box 4-6 characters, or solo
- friendly players who are willing to help new or up-and-coming players
- a wiki full of information on progression & quests

So there's my sales pitch! I encourage anyone looking for a new server to check out Stormhaven.

Thank you and goodnight.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Yes indeed, StormHaven has some awesome content. I only stopped in there for a very short period of time but I think it is a great server. Would love to see more people there.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:04 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks for the kind words and posts about the server. I assume this thread is in response to one made yesterday on our forums here:

http://eqrez.com/stormhaven/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2440

As you can see from that thread, we are considering some major changes to the server to possibly attract a wider player-base. We have tons of great content, so the hope is that some balance changes to appeal to more players could be just what the server needs to jump start it again. At this time, it is open to discussion on our forums. I will post any major updates here if/when they happen just for awareness.