Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 PM
CruelCahal
Fire Beetle

Default New Build Procedure - something is missing

Ok, I've followed all the guides for using cmake and it is no problem creating the .sln from there. I use VC2010 and select the compilers for that, and then I load and run the solution with no problems. I use all the defaults plus tick on "bots" but I'm not sure what the "install prefix" is for. I assume it's where you have Eqemu running from.
I run VC2010 and compile the binaries, I've never had a problem building before and my new builds have always worked but now I get a "cannot connect to MYsql Database" error when running world.exe, zone.exe, etc from serverstat.bat or individually. I seem to be missing something here but don't know what.
Now when the build is finished compiling, it says 8 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 skipped. I checked and saw that "ALL BUILD" wasn't checked off so I tried it with that on and I still get the same error. With 9 succeeded, 0 failed, etc.
I go into the "Bin" folder where the new binaries were placed and they are all there. What exactly do I need to move/copy to my Eqemu server folder? Just the binaries and the mem.dll? Do I need any other files other than what's in the "Bin" folder now?
I've tried compiling set for "Release", "Debug", and "RelWithDebInfo" and the same error occurs, the exes launch, then shut down with the "cannot connect to database" error. Nothing else, had been changed.
If I go back to a previously archived build of 2395 that I have and use that, everything launches and works fine.
Do I need some kind of new MySql, I'm still using 5.1.59 and it's running, I can connect to it with Heidi or command line. Is there a new config file or changes to eqemu_config.xml?
I'm pulling my hair out, since no one else is having this problem.

Code:
---------------------------------------------
[01.22. - 17:45:01] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_world_4272.log
[01.22. - 17:45:01] [WORLD__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[01.22. - 17:45:01] [WORLD__INIT] Log settings loaded from log.ini
[01.22. - 17:45:01] [WORLD__INIT] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEmulator 0.8.0
[01.22. - 17:45:01] [WORLD__INIT] Added loginserver eqemulator.net:5998
[01.22. - 17:45:01] [WORLD__INIT] Connecting to MySQL...
[01.22. - 17:45:02] [WORLD__INIT_ERR] Cannot continue without a database connection.

---------------------------------------------
[01.22. - 17:45:02] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world_4272.log
[01.22. - 17:45:02] Failed to connect to database: Error: #2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Old 01-22-2013, 08:02 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

You want to copy all the exe and dll files. You may want the pdb files as well if you ever want to track down a crash using the debugger.

If I had to guess I'd say you're probably missing the database information in your config file if you haven't updated in a while. Take a look at the default config file in EQEmuServer\utils\defaults and see what's different.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:20 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

same thing here, what needs to be copied where? it is different than the old way.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

It is not different than the old way other than where the files are built to which should be the Build/Bin/RelWithDebInfo directory.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

I have a Build/Bin/Debug directory and the files are in there. They are twice the size of the previous files (rev2395). I did the same thing as Cruel and get the same result. Not sure what I am missing. Everything seems to compile fine. When I go back to 2395 everything works fine again, but when I use the CMake binaries, I get the 10061 error.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Well, perhaps you shouldn't have chosen to build the debug version.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Goth
Sarnak

I have this same problem cant seem to get it to work.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth View Post
I have this same problem cant seem to get it to work.
When you say same problem you mean it isn't connecting to the database?

Post your config file.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Goth
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
When you say same problem you mean it isn't connecting to the database?

Post your config file.
i had started my own thread. it seems to crash world.exe
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 PM
CruelCahal
Fire Beetle

Default The Fix

Forum member Shayne told me exactly what I was missing and the problem was a missed config in the cmake process.
For anyone else who is having the problem and still hasn't got it fixed, do this:

when you launch c-make check group and advanced, now open the MySQL tree. Now add the directories for mysql that you had been using before, so it should

look kinda like this

Code:
---------
c:/mysql/include
C:/mysql/lib/debug/mysqlclient.lib
C:/mysql/lib/opt/mysqlclient.lib
---------
now before you do this go into c-make under file and delete the cache.

All thanks to Shayne for the fix and lerxst2112 for letting me know which files I need.