Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:12 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Default Installing Cmake?

There anything to a noobie trying to make a server to get Cmake to install completely in the dark about how it? Once im in the right driection i can get to moving just this Cmake install is no where to be found. Any help? or sugguestions..
Old 02-07-2013, 01:41 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

google says look here

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/install.html
Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Default K

K i found how it install it, now im on the guide part

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=CMake

where it says

"In the "Where is the source code" box, type or browse to your EQEmuServer folder in your checked out directory.
3. In the "Where to build the binaries" box, type or browse to any folder you like, personally I prefer EQEmuServer/Build. When it asks, make sure to let it create the build directory if it does not exist.
4. Hit the configure button. "

I do that and it says " CMake Error: your C compiler: "bcc32" was not found. Please set CMAKE_C_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "bcc32" was not found. Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred! "

how do I fix this?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

it sounds to me as though you selected a Borland compiler as your generator instead of Visual Studio or GCC.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:02 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

you're going to have to find and delete your build directory in order to be prompted to select the correct default generator in the gui, from what i understand.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:05 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Alright Hopefully i can find where i can do that. Thank you so much for helping me find out what the problems Ive been having are. Let me see if I can find what ur talkin about.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:06 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

What version of VS would I use?
Old 02-07-2013, 02:06 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

it should be the folder you selected in step 3
Old 02-07-2013, 04:29 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Im using Windows 7 home for this server and as im reading im seeing alot about other OS Im not using do I still some how do these steps? It says i need to keep installing Cmaking a number of times, It completed the compile step I was on.

What would be the next guide Id have to use to get a log in server up and going? Or am I missing something with the guide

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...CMake#buildgcc

??