Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:59 AM
jshows1
Sarnak

Default Mob Difficulty

it seems the mob difficulty on the default database is way too low (for my liking). I tested out some low level zones (gfay, Crushbone, Unrest) and also tested a couple of mid level zones (wall of slaughter, and some PoP zones).

The problem I'm having is that it seems like the hps on the mobs is WAY too low compared to live. Has anyone else dealt with this on their servers? And if so how? Is there a way to modify the mobs hps/ac etc globally to make it more like live?

I'm wanting to balance my server around a full group (humans and bots). But ti seems to me that the mobs die way too quickly. Any suggestions or ideas of what other people have done to combat this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:16 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

By default I assume you mean PEQ, which doesn't have OoW, so testing Wall of Slaughter is pointless :P
Old 06-16-2013, 01:26 AM
jshows1
Sarnak

ok thanks Demonstar. I'm guessing that's one reason why the mobs in it are relatively easy. I found the PoP zones were the same too. Were those zones just populated but not edited?

The mobs throughout all the level ranges that I've checked just seem too easy. I guess what you mentioned would explain Wall of Slaughter. But the earlier expansions seem the same way. Maybe it's just me. I could be imagining it lol.

In any case, if I wanted to increase mob difficulty on a global scale...meaning adjusting their hps/ac and/or min and max dmg, would this be possible?

I can edit each mob through Georges npc edit tool, I was just wondering if anyone else has come up with a way to increase the mob difficulties globally.

It may not be possible. And if that's the case, I'll just work each mob by hand if need be. Just curious if there was another way.

Thanks for your response Demon. That explains part of my issue.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:59 AM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Unfortunately the peq database has universal stats for most mobs based on level. I've noticed that melee class mobs have too low hp while caster mobs have too much hp. You could write an sql query to modify mob hp levels based on class, or you can manually change each mob to the correct value.

One place i know of for classic and kunark mob hp levels are here -
http://web.archive.org/web/200211292...cticiousname9/

i wish these values would make it into the peq database but it doesnt seem like it ever will
Old 06-16-2013, 02:10 AM
jshows1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
Unfortunately the peq database has universal stats for most mobs based on level. I've noticed that melee class mobs have too low hp while caster mobs have too much hp. You could write an sql query to modify mob hp levels based on class, or you can manually change each mob to the correct value.

One place i know of for classic and kunark mob hp levels are here -
http://web.archive.org/web/200211292...cticiousname9/

i wish these values would make it into the peq database but it doesnt seem like it ever will
Outstanding resource, Furniture. If nothing else, I can use this to modify my database by hand. At least that's something. Thanks for the info. If I ever finish the project, I'll make my database available to anyone else who wants to start with this. Although it may take me a while lol.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Thats actually the same resource P99 used for their content. I've manually changed most zones on a private server years ago, but it was all lost after a hard drive crash. If you want to maybe work together we can split the work in half, ive been looking to do this for a while but doing all myself again seemed daunting.