Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Figback65
Discordant

Default NPC eats 1st turn in them works.

Hey guys,

I am haven a weird issue and I cannot figure it out. I searched forums but I definitely cannot hit the right keywords for this lol.

What is happening is, everytime a zone is completely reloaded by zoning in(Dynamic Zones), the quests requiring item turn ins do not initialize until the 1st item is turned in. Thus the npc takes the handin, puts it in its inventory(verified by #npcstats), then starts to work. So all of my quests are broke and taking peoples items with no rewards.

This is happening to everything. Even NPCs that you hail to talk, you have to hail once to start them, then hail again to make them work.

I thought it may have been my global_npc and I took it out but it is still doing it. Am I missing something? lol

Thanks a ton guys!

Fig
Old 06-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figback65 View Post
Hey guys,

I am haven a weird issue and I cannot figure it out. I searched forums but I definitely cannot hit the right keywords for this lol.

What is happening is, everytime a zone is completely reloaded by zoning in(Dynamic Zones), the quests requiring item turn ins do not initialize until the 1st item is turned in. Thus the npc takes the handin, puts it in its inventory(verified by #npcstats), then starts to work. So all of my quests are broke and taking peoples items with no rewards.

This is happening to everything. Even NPCs that you hail to talk, you have to hail once to start them, then hail again to make them work.

I thought it may have been my global_npc and I took it out but it is still doing it. Am I missing something? lol

Thanks a ton guys!

Fig
This is a bug that is old and has been fixed, just get your binaries updated.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:21 AM
Figback65
Discordant

I found this on the wiki
I am having a problem with some quests. If I turn in an item, the NPC doesn't react at all and just eats the item.
Make sure you have moved the Plugins files from your Quests directory into the eqemu/plugins folder.

I do not have my plugins in my quest folder.

I am really sorry but I do not know what you mean by binaries?

The best I can come up with is updating my windows dependancies and rebuilding. Is that what you mean?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:21 AM
Burningsoul
Banned

You're confusing the terms. Dependencies are a part of what is required to compile the source. The binaries are the result of compiling the source.

You need to get the newest source, and compile it, plus if you're missing the plugins quest folder, you might want to consider making a fresh Server folder, and updating everything, quests included
Old 06-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Figback65
Discordant

hmmm I have rev2506 and all the sql are up to date for it. I am headed of to work for a long day. I will check when I get back to see if there is a new rev and anything else like zlib and etc.. I hope I understood correctly lol.

The wiki said to remove the plugins folder from my quest folder and place it in the server folder.... So now I am a little confused on that. I have backups. It seems to be running fine with the plugins in the server folder.

Thanks again!