Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 10-22-2014, 11:53 AM
useeria
Fire Beetle

Default Demiplane AE Negation: Irrissa's Pool (EARLY ATTEMPT)

I could not find much else on Dreadspire and I always enjoyed that zone so decided to mess with writing a simple quest.

NOTE: This is by no means complete yet, I still have to work in to the dreadspire.pl the AE effects that this "turns off" but wanted an opinion anyways.

Am I approaching this all wrong or is there anything I can do better/differently?

Code:
#Quest information provided by http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3472
#Quest coded by Useeria Lores 70th Necromancer of Innoruk

#This is my first attempt at a quest and is not complete

sub EVENT_SAY 
{
	if($text=~/Hail/i && !defined $qglobals{Rune_Etched_Stone})
	{
	quest::setglobal("Rune_Etched_Stone", 1, 5, "F");
	quest::say ("Irrissa thee Seer directs your attention to the seeing pool, and you glimpse reflections of battles in the ripples of the shallow liquid. A shadowy figure effortlessly defeats a score of humanoids that attempt to attack him. 'The Master knows all. He can sense danger long before it ever approaches, making him nigh invincible. Tread lightly while in his house, $name.'");
	}
	if($text=~/Hail/i && $qglobals{Rune_Etched_Stone} == 1)
	{
	quest::say ("Irrissa the Seer directs your attention to the seeing pool, and you glimpse reflections of battles in the ripples of the shallow liquid. A shadowy figure effortlessly defeats a score of humanoids that attempt to attack him. 'The Master knows all. He can sense danger long before it ever approaches, making him nigh invincible. Tread lightly while in his house, $name.'");
	}
	if($text=~/Hail/i && plugin::check_hasitem($client, 52523))
	{
	quest::say ("Irrissa the Seer says 'Ah, $name. You have returned. I have watched as you walked your path. The reflecting pool has shown me of your feats. You were introduced to the cruel and unpredictable malice of Graniteclaw and lived to tell about it. Now I sense that you wish to understand more. Allow me to hold the Rune-Etched Stone and I will grant you the understanding you seek.'");
	}	
	if($text=~/Hail/i && $qglobals{Rune_Etched_Stone} == 3)
	{
	quest::say("Irrissa the Seer directs your attention to the seeing pool once again. As the ripples clear you can make out a shadowy individual gazing into a full-length mirror. He casts no reflection. The figure sees nothing, but continues to gaze intently as if trying to recall what it was once like to see himself. Irrissa speaks softly, 'This man has riches, ancient artifacts, immortality, and slaves tending to his every need, and yet he would exchange that for the opportunity to gaze upon his own reflection again. Without the aid of a reflection, this figure seeks to understand himself through the reactions of others. The fate of these others is of no consequence to him. They are used, coerced, and destroyed for the sake of shaping and redefining his ego. Tell me, how does this realization make you feel about the figure? [Disgusted], [sorrowful], [furious], or [apathetic]?' ");
	}
	if($text=~/Disgusted/i && $qglobals{Rune_Etched_Stone} == 3)
	{
	quest::say("You feel as though you have been judged, and that this decision may affect you sometime in the future. 

Irrissa the Seer nods. 'An understandable response. The Master places no value on life. Even his closest servants and guardians are nothing more than disposable tools, and this must appear disgusting and deplorable to an outsider.' ");
	}
	if($text=~/sorrowful/i && $qglobals{Rune_Etched_Stone} == 3)
	{
	quest::say("You feel as though you have been judged, And that this decision may affect you sometime in the future. 

Irrissa the Seer nods. 'An understandable response. When you can see how pitiful it is to be forced to shatter another's existence in order to see your own, it's hard not to feel sorry for the Master's predicament. To have no concept of self is a horrible curse.' ");
	}
	if($text=~/furious/i && $qglobals{Rune_Etched_Stone} == 3)
	{
	quest::say("You feel as though you have been judged, And that this decision may affect you sometime in the future. 

Irrissa the Seer nods. 'An understandable response. There are many that look upon the Master as an aberration. There are many that have attempted to destroy him for his crimes. There are none that have succeeded.' ");
	}
	if($text=~/apathetic/i && $qglobals{Rune_Etched_Stone} == 3)
	{

Irrissa the Seer nods. 'I must warn you of the perils of apathy, $name. A lack of convictions is the worst of all evils. You would be far better served by taking a stand, and making a real decision.'");
	}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 52523 => 1))
{
quest::say("Irrissa the Seer directs your attention to the seeing pool once again. As the ripples clear you can make out a shadowy individual gazing into a full-length mirror. He casts no reflection. The figure sees nothing, but continues to gaze intently as if trying to recall what it was once like to see himself. Irrissa speaks softly, 'This man has riches, ancient artifacts, immortality, and slaves tending to his every need, and yet he would exchange that for the opportunity to gaze upon his own reflection again. Without the aid of a reflection, this figure seeks to understand himself through the reactions of others. The fate of these others is of no consequence to him. They are used, coerced, and destroyed for the sake of shaping and redefining his ego. Tell me, how does this realization make you feel about the figure? [Disgusted], [sorrowful], [furious], or [apathetic]?' ");
quest::exp(1250);
quest::setglobal("Rune_Etched_Stone", 3, 5, "F");
}
}
player.pl (for looting the stone)

Code:
sub EVENT_LOOT 
{
	if ($looted_id == 52523)
	{
	quest::setglobal("Rune_Etched_Stone", 2, 5, "F");
	}
}
Old 10-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Davood
Discordant

look at uqua for an example of how to turn it on / off with an item.

i think that one is working
Old 10-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38773