Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Iondera
Fire Beetle

Default Connection Issues

For past couple days been logging in same way I always do but now after typing in user name/pw 18/20 times roughly the server screen is blank, hit escape and type in password continuously till server list appears. 1/20 times roughly a message will pop up saying unknown error while trying to connect to server. And for the final 1/20 times actually get to select which ever server I feel like playing on between p99 and EZ and hit enter again. Things load up fine.

Once finally in game it's about a 75% chance that if I end up zoning somewhere the game will crash and have to restart the whole process over again. Once finally in which ever zone I was heading to staying there is no problem. Was able to play for about 3 hours uninterrupted last night before leaving the zone and ended up back at square one.

I run titanium client and have had no issues like this since I started 6-7 months ago. Doing a little checking it doesn't seem concentrated on one server so came here to post.

Links to others having same problem:
http://ezserveronline.com/forums/index.php?topic=1899.0
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29713

At first people were thinking that U-Verse was the problem however someone started a poll and while 16 people so far have said that is their provider 12 others myself included said they are having the same issues without using them.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:49 PM
tuzalu
Fire Beetle

I have the same problem with my U-verse internet but can usually connect fine with my mobile phone tether.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Packet
Hill Giant

In my experience with EQEMU, I recommend using the titanium client. The newer clients such as SoD are raw shit and have crashing issues in many different environments (x64, multiple cores, etc). Sure, some people do just fine with them but a lot of people do not.

Formerly "Richardo"
Old 04-22-2011, 12:46 PM
S77
Fire Beetle

i havent seen this problem until this morning. Still havent been able to log in after several tries. Login, server screen blank. If i let it sit, the server screen box then dissapears and the screen just stays black.

Usint Titanium discs, comcast for nets..
Old 04-22-2011, 12:48 PM
S77
Fire Beetle

and then like clockwork, as soon as i post.. login in and there it is... haha
Old 04-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Packet
Hill Giant

It's interesting. I use comcast and now I am having this issue....

I pop in my CLEAR modem, problem solved. I think comcast is pure shit, although I do enjoy my 60MBIT down 30MBIT up connection. Can't give it up.. it's like crack...

Formerly "Richardo"
Old 04-23-2011, 08:26 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packet View Post
In my experience with EQEMU, I recommend using the titanium client. The newer clients such as SoD are raw shit and have crashing issues in many different environments (x64, multiple cores, etc). Sure, some people do just fine with them but a lot of people do not.
I am not sure why you would make a post like this unless you are just trolling. First, the thread hadn't been posted in for over a month when you replied. Second, the original poster specifically stated that they already use Titanium (required by P99 anyway). Third, the SoD+ clients are actually considerably better than Titanium is for stability and compatibility with newer technology such as multi-core support and such. The SoF client isn't as good as titanium in those aspects, so maybe that is what you are thinking of, but SoD+ beat out Titanium any day in every way. The only thing Titanium is better for is people with really old PCs or people who multi-box a crapload of characters at once. The only reason Titanium is better for them is because it uses quite a bit less memory than SoD, though I hear the UF client uses an amount more comparable to Titanium.

Either way, my point is that while you are entitled to your opinion, I just want to make sure people don't see your post and believe that SoD sucks, because that simply isn't even close to being true. The opposite is more the case, where it is Titanium that sucks in comparison to SoD.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 AM
eyeless5150
Fire Beetle

I also am having this problem. for a whole year i connected fine. it seems this problem comes and goes. i also have comcast.ill go over whats happening.

90% of the time i connect to the server select screen, there are no servers shown, it is blank. i would have to connect 20 or so times before i can successfully get to the character select screen. (there are also a few errors that may pop up in this connection process, and sometime when i get to the character select screen, it tells me my spell file is out dated.. i have to disconnect and start over.)

once i'm finally on the server, there is about a 70% chance i will zone crash and be back to a blank server screen for another 20 logins.

this seems like a fairly common problem from what i'v read. im sure theres a fairly simple fix.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:27 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Not seeing servers at log in has nothing to do with zoning. The login server is here. Once you click connect to any server you are no longer communicating with eqemulator.org, you are communicating with the server where ever it is hosted.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:36 AM
eyeless5150
Fire Beetle

what about before you connect to the server? clicking 'login' and not seeing any servers on the list? i wouldnt have listed all of these symptoms together if it didnt seem like they were all related. its not for no reason.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:28 AM
Xatol
Fire Beetle

Sorry for the bump, but I'm having these exact same issues. I'm tethering my cell for my net (I know, I know, tethers usually SUCK), but let me explain a bit...

I played EQEmu perfectly fine for several years using this phone's tether. I took a 6 month hiatus (work/rl/etc), returned to other MMOs (EQLive, GW2, etc.) and they all work splendidly. I then return to eqemu and BAM, I have at least a 50% fail rate trying to log in, and roughly the same fail rate trying to zone. Nothing on my phone changed, no updates or the sort. Only thing that changed over my absence was I upgraded win8 to win8.1. This is driving me nuts :(

Has anyone a clue what's going on with me?

Edit for details: Win 8.1, UF Client, primary server: THF, the issue is on all servers, I ran every malway, spybot, antivirus in the world. 3rd gen i7 processor, 8gb ddr3, etc.

RE-Edit: I *MIGHT* have solved the issue. My cell provider may have been tinkering with ports. Since I don't use a router, I downloaded a port forwarder app on my phone and unlocked 5999. Still some mild issues, but I think I've made significant progress!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:44 AM
Xatol
Fire Beetle

Premature elation :( Still experiencing the above issues.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:27 AM
scrubtasticx
Sarnak

Not sure why that's happening to you I have been tethering and having zero issues for the past month on Verizon no dc or connection issues here
Old 11-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Veloce
Fire Beetle

Same issue, was tethering (T-Mobile) to P99 and had zero issues until around 11/9 or 11/10.

Now if I can even get to the server select screen its blank, which is about 1/20 attempts. For some reason after about 4:30pm PST this drops to 1/1000, basically to the point I just give up and do something else.

Is there a way to test or diagnose why I cant seem to connect to the login server? Specially after 4pm-ish. Again this was working like a charm up until Saturday 11/8 (played a good chunk of the day), once I tried again 11/10 I was getting the above issues.