Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Bohbo
Hill Giant

Default Help with Screech / Overwrite Method

I am trying to make a series of spells lets say 3.

Stance 1
Stance 2
Stance 3

For casters.

I had this working and somehow its broken now and I have spent a few hours banging my head against spell stacking.

I originally used screech with two -1 values using AC value of 1. This worked and allowed spell to overwrite each other but only allow 1 up at a time.

I CANNOT get any form of spell overwriting / stacking to work.

Currently I am using Slot 11 and Slot 12 to do the following

Slot 11 = 216 accuracy with a primary value of 1 Slot 12 = Screech (123) with primary value of -216.

Problem is both spells seem to cast and go on at once. I tried making one +216 also but it didn't seem to make any difference.

If anyone can guide me in the right direction I am incredibly frustrated with this problem.

Also I tried SE Stacking Overwrite of 149 in slot 12 on as value 1 = 216 and max value = 1 (also tried 2) neither seemed to work.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Bohbo
Hill Giant

Wow this is a really hidden bug.

SO i figured it out using SE_Overwrite 149 screech should work fine too. The problem is when the spell (because its setup as a disc) is given to casters (non disc users) and melee / hybrid (disc users) it counts the spell differently on loading not based on the character using it.

So if you split up the disc with the EXACT same stats one for caster classes and one for disc use classes it then works. Very strange issue maybe someone with more talent can correct it source side.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:25 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Screech should only have a value of 1 or -1. 1 will block a -1 and then you can use 1 to force overwrite of spells that would otherwise stack. The Stacking overwrite stuff is also useful for more complex stuff, but requires more spell slots. There is also new A/B/C/D stacking effects as well.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Bohbo
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Screech should only have a value of 1 or -1. 1 will block a -1 and then you can use 1 to force overwrite of spells that would otherwise stack. The Stacking overwrite stuff is also useful for more complex stuff, but requires more spell slots. There is also new A/B/C/D stacking effects as well.
The core problem was in the fact that the spell was being counted as a discipline and when it was assigned to both caster and melee it would interpret it incorrectly for one of the archetypes.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Kayen
Developer

http://69.168.254.241/p?Spells_Buff_...--SpellEffects
Old 01-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Bohbo
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
Thanks for the link, that is what i was using. And I was using it correctly. I got it all figured out, but to reinterate in case a source code master finds this is the problem has to do with the way the spell is assigned based on which classes it is assigned to. The stacking issue actually had to do with multiple classes having access to it so it not overwriting like a normal spell but reading it like a discipline.