Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:54 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

Default Creating Custom Faction

Ive searched and cannot find any info on how to create a custom faction table or edit one.

All I want to do is create 2 opposing factions. 322 - The Dead and 444 the Guardians...

I went through my entire faction list and tried every combo consisting of single faction_id 322 and could only come up with grouped faction ID's. So I thought I'd try and manipulate one of them to be what I wanted but It didn't happen.

So recap:
I want to accomplish this;
When you kill zombie guard you get - dead faction + guardian
When you kill Living guard you get - guardian and + dead.
By creating a custom faction group id.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:46 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Ok, so in the table "npc_faction" create a new faction group for each of your two NPCs. You will need to give both of them a 'primaryfaction' (322 and 444). Leave 'ignore_primary_assist' at 0.

Then in the table "npc_faction_entries" you need two entries for each of the new 'npc_faction' records you have just made.

'Npc_faction_id' = the 'id' of the entries in "npc_faction". 'faction_id' is the valeu you want manipulated, 'value' is how much you want it to change. You can leave 'npc_value' and 'temp' at 0 for now.

So your "npc_faction_id" should look something like this:
Code:
npc_faction_id   faction value 
999991            322       -30
999991            444       +30
999992            322       +30
999993            444       -30
Finally, in "npc_types" assign the npcs to the "npc_faction" you created by putting the 'id' number in the 'npc_faction_id' field.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

This is gonna sound stupid but just as I was borderline passed out last night I was thinking about it and was like wait what if I ... and got it thanks, for the response bro
Old 02-20-2015, 11:39 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

No problem, glad you got it sorted.