Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:48 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Question on original zone lines

I have never really noticed this but the question was recently brought up. Transitioning from commons to ecommons, or vice versa no matter how far north or south you are when you get to the zone line, you end up in the middle when zoning. First, how was it during the classic ~ velious days? I do not remember at all how it was on a long zone line. I tried correcting this by throwing 999999 on the other axis and for the most part it works until there is a difference in the z-axis and you end up under the world.

I could try to shift the zone line some and see if I can get the z-axis correct.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:52 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

On live you zoned into same spot on the other side of the zone line. Not sure how they controlled it on live though. Would be nice to have, even if mostly unnecessary.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:31 AM
joligario
Developer

That's what the 9s are supposed to represent. An un-saved or unused Y or X location. Still needs tweaking, though.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:55 AM
provocating
Demi-God

From reading the FAQ the 999999 is preserving your source zone's location. So if you make the destination z-axis 999999 and your source z-axis was 51, when you zone into the destination you will have a z-axis of 51. The problem is on that zoneline going from ecommons to commons on the north end of the zone you always end up below the z-axis and fall through. That tells me the x axis is off a bit. Seems to always be fine for me going from commons to ecommons, but not the other way around.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:12 PM
joligario
Developer

Yup. Most times most 9s zone lines work. Sometimes they don't. Thus the need for tweaks. If you find a zone line setting that needs update, just post and we'll look at merging.