Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:30 PM
annarchy
Fire Beetle

Default how to troubleshoot network issues

Hello all,

I have a windows server running Akka's setup on a VM that runs on my main computer. The port forwarding is all setup up my router.

All zones seem to work fine, except Howling Stones... when we go in there, the other people (not on my network) have no problems. At first, my computers don't have any problems but then they have bad bad lag and eventually time out.

Any tips on how i could troubleshoot this?
Old 06-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Uleat
Developer

There was an issue related to this zone and one other a few years ago.

IIRC, it might have been related to a key or script issue.

If I can find the link, I'll post it.

EDIT: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...light=charasis

EDIT2: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...light=charasis
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...light=charasis

At least a starting point...

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 06-14-2015 at 04:44 PM..
Old 06-14-2015, 06:04 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Crash logs perhaps? We've spent some time in Charasis recently and didn't have any issues. I did have a crash issue in another zone though related to a perl script and the crash log helped pin point it.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:25 PM
annarchy
Fire Beetle

That's just it - the world and zone don't crash. I don't see anything for them in the logs\crashes folder. is there somewhere else I can look?

The problems are limited to just computers on my network. People connecting from external have no issues.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

If it's just happening on your local machines, but everyone else is not having problems with that zone, maybe it's something with the charsis files themselves on your clients. My suspicion is that you installed on one computer, then copied the client to the others, so you are basically all using the same set of client files. You may want to find the charsis files from a reliable client then copy those files to your client directory.

The best way to test this is to get and install/load a different client. Once it is installed, try using the new client and see if charsis works. If it does, then you know the problem is indeed with your client. IF the same problems persist for that specific zone, on the new client and the old ones, go back to basics. Network cards, local network setup and configuration, drivers... Any network devices that can be sporadically flooding the network with bad packets, etc...

Good luck,
Riklin (Halls Havoc Progression Server)