Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Figback65
Discordant

Default Wierd AA Issues

Is the AA system still being worked on? I have found a few posts that include some broken information and information about some things work and some don't. My issue I am having is, I have my server locked to PoP, my expansion settings in values and variables are both set to 15, pop works fine. Although the AA is acting funny. There is PoP AA labeled correctly reading it through the database and EoC that should be listing under PoP Advanced tab and PoP Ability tab. Although in game they do not show in any tab. Even weirder is AA like the veteran are listed in PoP Advance tab and display in tab just fine. I noticed in the database some of the entries are under aa_abilities and others are under altadv_vars. But even manual entries will not post correctly. I know the general setup is livelike so AAs like innate strength have 15ish entries but with the expansion setting to 15 it is auto limiting.

So I guess my question would be. Should I manually eliminate a table and start re-entry into either aa-abilities or altadv_vars to be consistant for tabs to properly display? Currently its all over the place and no matter what tab value you enter it doesn't change unless its the veteran AA. Completely confused.

On titanium client.

Any info? thanks guys!
Old 02-06-2016, 12:40 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Tit AA display is a bit of a hack. Sorry. We went with targeting newer clients because that's what most players use. (p99 doesn't count)
Old 02-06-2016, 12:41 AM
Figback65
Discordant

So, that means no plan to fix? Correct?
Old 02-14-2016, 01:12 PM
Figback65
Discordant

I found the hack part I think you are referring to, but I cannot find where the hardcode chooses to display AA per tab stuff, bc like I was saying some AA show up in pop/pop advanced and some don't and the hack I found is only to hide expendables to keep titanium from crashing.

Code:
	//the one titanium hack i will allow
	//just to make sure we dont crash the client with newer aas
	//we'll exclude any expendable ones
	if(IsClient() && CastToClient()->GetClientVersionBit() & BIT_TitaniumAndEarlier) {
		if(ability->charges > 0) {
			return false;
		}
	}
Changing this entry would not fix the problem

I have all AA deleted after PoP so this wouldn't even be an issue. It just doesn't make sense how in EoC/Database the information is correct for PoP AA and Veteran, yet veteran show up under PoP and PoP AA doesn't display at all.

EDIT : I am wondering if its a problem with the Expansion Variable. Because like theres a few settings for each expansion but has different rules. 8-15 is PoP with different settings, Some with/without Iksar, some with/without Velious armor. I am wondering if one of those Values is cancelling out the AA. I am still tryen to find those expansion rules in the coding to double check

EDIT : Just tried 12 and 13 which says includes AA but it still doesn't display and it removed velious armor. So I am going back to 15 even though it says it doesn't do AA but it does. Still looking for the coding that changes whats what based on the variables.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:45 PM
Figback65
Discordant

Well, I cheated it for now I guess. I turned on all expansions. Changed hardcode true to false on beserkers and frogloks so they cant be made, also disabled all un-needed AA past pop. Some still show up that shouldn't but ill fix those in time as well.

By turning on all expansions I atleast get access to the pop/pop advanced AA as the new live stacked versions IE innate strength all combined instead of separate, but itll do for now.