Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 03-20-2016, 08:53 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Find Command

I know which routine is run when the FindPerson command is clicked. Does anyone know what code is run when you move around and a new path is created? To be specific, when you click find and pick an NPC and the yellow path is created. When you move around the path is recalculated. I want to tweak mine a bit to my liking.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:19 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

the recalc I think is 100% client side. We send it a list of points and it handles the rest.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:21 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Client sends the server a request, the server sends a reply ("findable" [sic] mob/NPC) and client presents the path.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:23 PM
provocating
Demi-God

That is what I was thinking too, just because I have exhausted my searches in the code. One thing I notice is that you almost have to loop around the path again and make them cross to get it to recalculate. I guess it was like this in live too. I remember using it a good bit when it came out, I think it was around Luclin. I cannot remember if it was quirky though, my memory fails me on that.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:27 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
That is what I was thinking too, just because I have exhausted my searches in the code. One thing I notice is that you almost have to loop around the path again and make them cross to get it to recalculate. I guess it was like this in live too. I remember using it a good bit when it came out, I think it was around Luclin. I cannot remember if it was quirky though, my memory fails me on that.
It was annoyingly quirky on live, at least when I last logged on/played, yes.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:31 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Good enough for me
Old 03-20-2016, 09:31 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post
Client sends the server a request, the server sends a reply ("findable" [sic] mob/NPC) and client presents the path.
We tell it the path.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:51 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
We tell it the path.
Yeah, using the pathing nodes, I should have said displayed rather than presents, as that's misleading. My bad.