Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Slayden
Hill Giant

Default "Building" zones

A friend is interested in creating new EQ zones for an Emu server, i was wondering if anyone could please link a few areas that could help him out with that, such as programs/tools/guides & how-to's that would be compatable with EQEmu (actually useable if done right).
I'd very much appreciate the info as would he, thanks alot.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:50 PM
animepimp
Dragon

Look in the third party tools forum for all those tutorials and info.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:05 AM
monalin crusader
Hill Giant

Please correct me if i'm wrong but If you actualy wanted to design a new zone you would need to have everyone on your server have that file if they wanted to zone in. However, If you want to make a new DB for a zone you can do that and it would basicaly recreate the mobs in a zone their pathing spawntimes names hp ect. The best guide i've seen is the one from

--http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/vie...4a1e890747496b

Hope his guide helps it really helped me.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:17 AM
Swampdog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by monalin crusader
Those tools work great for the NPC creating/editing but the thread your buddy will want to look at is probably the one started by Windcatcher, who from what I can tell is the resident zone file expert here on the eqemu forums. (Sorry if I stepped on others toes, just going by the openzone/zoneproxy releases.)

Basically from my understanding, the EQ client will not load zones that it doesn't recognize which is why Windcatcher created zoneproxy. What it does is backs up an actual EQ zone file and then renames your new custom built zone to the actual EQ zone filename and then passes it to EQ so the client will load it. When you are finished with the zone, zoneproxy puts all files back at their original names.

At any rate, I'm basically talking about stuff I haven't played with but have only read about.. heh.. Send your buddy to this link and he can get the official scoop and where to get the utilities created by Windcatcher.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12295

Enjoy!
Damn rl interupting fun anyways.. :P