Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Melandril
Sarnak

I think I'm up and running. Had 0 compile issues (after getting the x86 version of MySQL and correctly referencing the Includes and Libraries in VSe2008 C++). And I was able to apply the updates from 1711 on to the file called db_dump (which I assume to be the right one...). When I run the launcher (start.bat), I do get two windows and no errors.

What else do I need to do get my server to show up on the public list? I know the router part is something I'll have to do; but is there anything else I could be missing? (probably just this. asking anyway just in case.)

Also, can anyone point me to a good tutorial on mini-login? Not sure if it matters, but I'm thinking it would be nice to do some custom stuff in private before opening the server. (Not that I expect much traffic.) Or, if you recommend any other methods for internal testing, that would be cool too
Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 PM
michaelw2000
Fire Beetle

Default svn checkout with 64bit hangs on update

I have set up a complete server with an XP machine and am currently moving to a windows 7 server.

Well when i try to downlad the source code with tortoise 64bit it hangs up. I dont get the same error each time but it mostly contains time outs from the repo. I use kapersky and have turned entire firewall and antivirus off to try to get code and it still hangs. I can hang up at 2mb transfered or even up to 60mb transfered.

Somebody has to have the same problem i did. So i am begging for help because searching all over web and these forums with errors has given me no resolve.
I currently have 2 complete days invested in this svn update and it is driving me nuts. Please help.
Thank you
Old 07-27-2011, 02:11 AM
Melandril
Sarnak

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I too am on Win7x64 and have Kapersky antivirus (came with the motherboard...). I did not run into issues with using tortoise.

Perhaps you can include some of the error messages ?
Old 07-27-2011, 03:16 PM
michaelw2000
Fire Beetle

Default FIXED the SVN hang on Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melandril View Post
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I too am on Win7x64 and have Kapersky antivirus (came with the motherboard...). I did not run into issues with using tortoise.

Perhaps you can include some of the error messages ?
i fixed the problem. here is what it was so others may not have to search for days like i did.

my puter came with a download utility called AKAMAI net session, and this utility controls downloads over all the platforms (like .net and internet explorer and others). I took this off and disabled the file antivirus and BAM it worked.

So it was the combo of the 2 that cause DL issues cause i tried while just disable the antivirus and nothing worked. I took off the utility and no go. I did the combo of the 2 and got it done.

Also for others who have this AKAMAI utility on there machines. Well my download speed increased by almost 2 fold. This came installed on my asus puter.

Thank you for reply and keep up the good work everyone cause you all make this a great community.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

I've spent days trying this Guide. Many download requirements are out of date and are extremely difficult to find, if at all. Perl 5.10 in no longer free and Strawberry perl seems to have errors.

My build gets stuck. Yesterday it was 1 success. Today it is 2 by virtue of downgrading my MySQL, with 2 failures and 1 Up to dates. Both failures are this:

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "'perl510.lib'"

Any ideas before I give up completely? Try a more up-to-date guide? Otherwise, it looks like the advancement of software has outpaced eqemu.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:07 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Find the two lines in the source code that look like this:

Code:
#pragma comment(lib, "perl510.lib")
Change the 510 to whatever version of perl you are using, like 512.

What are the errors you get with Strawberry perl? What version were you trying to use?
Old 08-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
Find the two lines in the source code that look like this:

Code:
#pragma comment(lib, "perl510.lib")
Change the 510 to whatever version of perl you are using, like 512.

What are the errors you get with Strawberry perl? What version were you trying to use?
That "source code" - you mean look for that line in the peqdb files?

The Strawberry perl seems to be the only perl I can find to use that isn't too advanced, but perhaps it is. I am assuming the perl510.lib error is because of the Strawberryperl usage.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:22 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

No, the C++ source code. ActiveState 5.12 will probably work, but you would need to modify those lines.

Without you posting the errors you get using Strawberry I can't even guess what the problem is.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Quote:
No, the C++ source code. ActiveState 5.12 will probably work, but you would need to modify those lines.

Without you posting the errors you get using Strawberry I can't even guess what the problem is.
Hunted a bit through 2008 C# files and haven't seen anything that contains source code to alter. Tried a cmd insertion but that did nothing.

Where should I be looking?
Old 08-21-2011, 05:06 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

It's C++, not C#.

When you have the solution open in Visual Studio click the find in files button in the top center of the toolbar. It has an icon that looks like a folder. When the dialog pops up, type perl510 in it and click find all. There should be two places it finds. Double click on each line to go to the file where the line is, and change it, then recompile.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Quote:
It's C++, not C#.

When you have the solution open in Visual Studio click the find in files button in the top center of the toolbar. It has an icon that looks like a folder. When the dialog pops up, type perl510 in it and click find all. There should be two places it finds. Double click on each line to go to the file where the line is, and change it, then recompile.

Find all "perl510 ", Whole word, Subfolders, Find Results 1, "Entire Solution", "*.*"
Matching lines: 0 Matching files: 0 Total files searched: 534

Interesting.

Thank you so far, for your help. I'm not sure I drink enough for this. Don't understand why I got a failure error on trying to open a file the system wanted and then indicates isn't in the code anyway...
Old 08-22-2011, 03:52 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeric View Post
Find all "perl510 ", Whole word, Subfolders, Find Results 1, "Entire Solution", "*.*"
Matching lines: 0 Matching files: 0 Total files searched: 534

Interesting.

Thank you so far, for your help. I'm not sure I drink enough for this. Don't understand why I got a failure error on trying to open a file the system wanted and then indicates isn't in the code anyway...
Check zone/embperl.cpp and world/EQWParser.cpp I think those were the files that needed to be changed.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:48 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Looking at what you posted, there's a space after perl510 that would possibly make it fail.

Find all "perl510", Subfolders, Find Results 1, "Entire Solution", "*.c;*.cpp;*.cxx;*.cc;*.tli;*.tlh;*.h;*.hpp;*.hxx; *.hh;*.inl;*.rc;*.resx;*.idl;*.asm;*.inc"
C:\EQEmu\ServerCode\trunk\EQEmuServer\world\EQWPar ser.cpp(35):#pragma comment(lib, "perl510.lib")
C:\EQEmu\ServerCode\trunk\EQEmuServer\zone\embperl .cpp(26):#pragma comment(lib, "perl510.lib")
Matching lines: 2 Matching files: 2 Total files searched: 534
Old 08-22-2011, 06:46 AM
BrandeX
Sarnak

I just did this with installed version 5.12. Just rename you perl512.lib to perl510.lib it's a lot easier.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Melandril
Sarnak

for what it's worth, I affirm the above statements. As soon as I replaced the perl510 with perl512 (and made sure my MySQL was the 32 bit version....), everything in this guide worked. (Still had to figure out the login piece but eventually figured that out too.)
(The other "gotcha" I missed before getting it working was the section on setting up environment variables...)