Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 03-15-2009, 06:34 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

trev- Beyond brilliant my friend!

I will order SOF tonight and start playing that.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 03-16-2009, 04:04 AM
trevius
Developer

Well, I figured out why Drakkin corpses are showing up as Ogres and it also explains why Froglok corpses show up as humans. It is because of the DBPlayerCorpse struct in zonedump.h having race set to int8 instead of int16 or int32. Since Drakkin are race 522 and in hex, that is 20A, the struct can only see the 0A part of that, which is 10 in decimal, and 10 is the race number for Ogres :P I am not sure how to adjust that so that it doesn't mess up people's corpse backup tables. If someone knows how to adjust it, I don't imagine it would be too hard. Here is the struct:

Code:
struct DBPlayerCorpse_Struct {
	int32	crc;
	bool	locked;
	int32	itemcount;
	int32	exp;
	float	size;
	int8	level;
	int8	race;
	int8	gender;
	int8	class_;
	int8	deity;
	int8	texture;
	int8	helmtexture;
	int32	copper;
	int32	silver;
	int32	gold;
	int32	plat;
	Color_Struct item_tint[9];
	int8 haircolor;
	int8 beardcolor;
	int8 eyecolor1;
	int8 eyecolor2;
	int8 hairstyle;
	int8 face;
	int8 beard;
	ServerLootItem_Struct	items[0];
};
The "int8 race;" needs to be changed to int16. I don't know if anything else would need to be changed though. Maybe some database gurus could chime in on that.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:43 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Haha, nice job, then! Not only did you fix something for SoF, but you explained a bug with the Titanium client even =) Yet another issue crossed off the list. Keep it up!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:09 PM
trevius
Developer

I started working again on getting grouping to work in SoF last night. At first, it was looking like it would be really hard to get it going, because Live seems to handle it completely differently now and it definitely isn't the same way that SoF handles it. It seems like SoF handles grouping more like Titanium does, but the structures that were set weren't right for the group follow packets when joining a group. I was thinking that maybe the group update packet structure had completely changed and was different than both Titanium and Live, which would make it very hard to get it correct for SoF. Luckily, I remembered that last time I tried it, I was able to get an SoF client to group with a Titanium client just fine. That should mean that the Group Update structure from Titanium is just fine for SoF, which means it shouldn't be hard at all to get it working. Right now, I am pretty sure that the issue is with the group follow structures and opcodes. I think I know what needs to be done to get that portion working properly. I will try messing with it more tonight. If I am right, it shouldn't take long at all to get grouping fully functional.

Grouping is one of the last major things that needs to be done for SoF to be fully functional. There will still be plenty of minor to medium issues to work on to finalize it, but it should at least be very playable and a fairly solid replacement for Titanium at that point.

For some of the things that will still need work after that point, I will probably need some help to get them completed. To get AAs fully functional, we will need new AA tables and code to pull that info instead of the current AA table info when loading SoF AAs. That means we will need to get the packet collector tools working that can pull AAs from EQLive and use them to populate new tables. Augments in items don't show up yet either and that will be another thing that needs to get done to finalize everything. Some systems like bazaar trading, mail, chat channels, LDoN adventures, and the task system still need to be added for SoF as I haven't really checked into any of those at all yet. The raid system will have to be checked after grouping is functional. That sounds like alot of stuff, but really most of that isn't what I would consider core systems for normal game play (other than maybe the task and raid systems). Then, it will mostly just be filling in the remaining misc. opcodes that we don't have yet. Many of those opcodes can probably be gotten directly from the client while watching the server logs, and the rest can be gotten from EQLive.

After that, everything that works in Titanium should be fully functional in SoF as well. Then, we could even start working on getting some of the new systems working (whenever time permits). I am sure the new blocked buffs system would be pretty easy to get working. And there are a few others that probably wouldn't be too bad either.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:59 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

While I have no experience with SQL or Perl and limited knowledge of databases in general. I will gladly help farm data from live server if someone would tell me how to do so and how to go about collecting the needed information. If its any help I do have some experience with C99 and VB as well as tons of experience with number systems: Binary, BCD, Hex, Octal and so fourth.

I no longer play on live server but my account will be active for three more months so I can log in at will and leave toons up for days on end if needed.
Just let me know if anyone wants my assistance and what I can do to help.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:36 PM
trevius
Developer

As I thought, it turned out that the only thing stopping groups between SoF clients was the OP_GroupFollow packet. It took a bit of research and messing around, but I got groups working smoothly now as far as I can tell. I will get the SVN updated with the fix for it later tonight along with a ton of Opcodes that Xinu had added to our spreadsheet that I just hadn't seen until now

blackdragonsdg,
Thanks for the offer. Right now there isn't much we need collecting for just yet, but once the packet collector tools are working for EQLive again, then you are more than welcome to collect your head off For SoF work; Xinu has been getting any collect I could possibly need and is really good at doing it. And anything he hasn't gotten for me, I can still get for myself pretty easily.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:07 AM
cmdrwayne
Fire Beetle

I just got SOF from Amazon, fantastic deal, thanks for the tip!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Aldest
Sarnak

Not to derail the thread but I did have a quick question. Newegg has SoF for $4.99. I purchased a couple but it doesn't appear that they have every expansion up to SoF.

Are there two different offerings?
Old 03-19-2009, 11:30 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldest View Post
Not to derail the thread but I did have a quick question. Newegg has SoF for $4.99. I purchased a couple but it doesn't appear that they have every expansion up to SoF.

This supposedly includes all expansions up through SoF.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldest View Post

I got mine from Newegg and it has all of them up through SoF.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:29 AM
cmdrwayne
Fire Beetle

It seems I was wrong doh!, and I didn't get it from Amazon, my wife ordered it from NewEgg for 4.99

The box says: Includes Everquest Classic and all Expansions!
Comes on 2 DVD's. Thanks again trevius for the tip.

Bring on the OpCodes and Structs.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Aldest
Sarnak

Default Yep

This was just user head space on my part. Newegg doesn't/didn't appear to mention it had them all.

I gave the boxes a quick look over and failed to see the "includes classic and all expansions" over the title.

At any rate, the $4.99 from Newegg is indeed everything.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:58 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, SoF includes all previous expansions. It is a hard deal to beat for $4.99!

SoF is almost completely done for the emu now. There are still a couple of non-essential systems that need to get worked on, and quite a few tweaks that are needed. For the most part, it should be very playable now and I think most of the crash bugs should be corrected too. So, it should be ok for other servers to allow their players to start using it.

I will need help finding and tracking down new bugs or issues with it, but the best way to do that is for people to report them as they see them. SoF has been enabled on Storm Haven for quite a while now. The reports I have had from our players have helped quite a bit. I am sure there are harder to find issues that will just take more exposure to more players to find them. If anyone does find a bug with it that isn't listed in the bugs post, please post it in a reply to that thread. Here is the SoF Bug Tracking thread:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27600

I am still working on resolving the known issues on a daily basis, but hopefully it will be complete enough soon that I won't have to do that anymore. There aren't many issues left to work on to get it up-to-speed with the playability of Titanium. Only a couple of major issues still exists (AAs and Augments), and the rest are not as important. Shouldn't be much longer.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:26 PM
KLS
Administrator

Unless you wanna try a crack at AAs it's probably a bit off for me, I'm kinda behind on everything as it is. In theory it's not *too* hard the empty bits at the end of an item serialization are actually null terminators for augments and I think evolving stuff.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:37 PM
trevius
Developer

You mean to try a crack at Augments, not AAs, right? AAs are actually in and mostly working I think. To get AAs working 100% for SoF, we will definitely need new AA tables directly from EQLive. If I have to, I will manually parse out all of that info for at least most of the general AAs. But, I am hoping that at some point we can get the EQ Packet Collecting tools working to do all of that for us. Then, it will just mean that on the encode, we have to set it to pull the AAs from the new SoF AA tables instead of using the current ones that work with Titanium and the 6.2 client.

As for Augments, I have actually been thinking about giving it a try to see if I can get them working. I may actually be able to do it using your client inventory encode code as a reference. I am just not exactly sure if I need to use a certain slot ID or range of slots for augments similar to slots for items inside containers. If not, then it shouldn't be too bad. I will definitely try to play around with it and see what I can do.

I know you have more than enough on your plate to keep you busy for a while, KLS. Anything I can't finish myself, or find someone else to do it can just wait. Most things work just fine, and it isn't like augments are required for basic play. I think many servers don't even stress augments if they even use them at all. But, I will have a crack at it and see if I can get it working. I have a good example of an item packet with an aug in it from Live, so it shouldn't be too hard.

I really appreciate what you have already done for SoF BTW. It would have taken me forever to get items working. I think I got most of the structure issues all cleaned up once you had them working, but that was the easy part compared to getting them working in the first place. EQ wouldn't be EQ without the items, so, thanks!