- type #hatelist
- say me what you see

Thx,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Bjerlk
Fire Beetle

Tha tis because you have gott aggro bug. Well you"magically" have got aggro from some mob in the zone that is out of reach for the mobs.

Thus they are in combat and try to get to the mob. But since it is to far away. They just stand there, but in combat mode. And since they are in combat. They dont buff...
Old 08-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjerlk View Post
Tha tis because you have gott aggro bug. Well you"magically" have got aggro from some mob in the zone that is out of reach for the mobs.

Thus they are in combat and try to get to the mob. But since it is to far away. They just stand there, but in combat mode. And since they are in combat. They dont buff...
Yes that's why I'm asking to have some reports.
But, that should'nt happen because mobs or bots test the Line of Sight with the mobs in their hatelist. If they don't have a los, the mob is wiped from the hatelist and it continues its normal AI.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-10-2007, 02:14 AM
oghog
Sarnak

Awesome work Mag.

I have a question though. Does eqoffline now support more than one real life player in the group.

My wife and 2 kids play EQ with me, but we are limited in what we can do with just 4 people.

I know this project started with the intention of being just able to play solo with the bots, but I was wondering if the project would move in the direction to allow us to use 2 more bots to fill out our group, and then eventually spawn 3 or so more groups of bots to raid??? (can you say run on sentence )

Thanks for any info!
Old 08-10-2007, 03:38 AM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

I know a while back someone had mentioned adding the item link feature to the items that are returned with the #bot inventory command. Is there any work planned for/on this?

Also, I was able to kill the Fabled Emperor Crush twice. I gave both of the Fabled Screaming Mace to my ranger bot. When I do #bot inventory he says that in both slots 13 and 14 (main and off hand respectively) that he has the Fabled screaming mace but the graphics only show it in his off hand. Is this a bug or will bots not actually equip a lore item in both locations. Thanks Mag.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:16 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

oghog> Create a group with your family and try a "#bot group add" on your bots. You should normally invite 2 bots. I didn't test it yet because as you mentionned the project was initially based to be solo with bots.. but I'm actually modifying some stuffs so you can play with other people.

Once your group is created, just create a raid with the command #bot raid create", etc...

sonicvt>an eqemu server can't send item links for the moment so it is not something that will be implemented to eqoffline.
Concerning the dual wield stuffs, be sure that your bot has the right level/class.
I've also noticed that when a bot is wearing an item that can go to the secondary slot, it equips it even if it's not a weapon/shield/totem/cristal.
I'm going to fix that so weapon are shown in priority.

Btw I'm actually doing some debug on weapons, melee dmg formulas and a new version should appear soon.
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots

Last edited by Magoth78; 08-10-2007 at 01:10 PM..
Old 08-10-2007, 04:42 AM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

Thanks for the reply. All my bots are level 34 and rangers dual weild at 14 or so. The same goes for the warrior (also 34). The inventory list says he has both Fabled Screaming Maces in slot 13 and 14 but it only displays the offhand one.

As a side note, the cleric and shaman bot both display their primary weapon (slot 13) and their sheilds (slot 14). I haven't found a weapon suitable for the ranger and warrior to replace the fabled mace or i would test it with a new weapon. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:11 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

It's likely that same-typed weapons get the bot confused on what to display... which would explain why a club+shield show up ok. I remember pets had a problem long ago with dual weild gfx, but had been fixed on live.

As for grouping humans with bots, I think it works fine at the moment, but your human groupies won't see the Bots in the group box... which makes interacting with them a challenge... but should work still.

Now, getting humans and bots on the same raid will pretty much solve 90% of the population problems in EQEmu. Magoth needs to have a shrine to him in game somewhere we can all go pay homage.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:08 AM
oghog
Sarnak

Thanks so much for the replies and info guys. I will try it out this weekend hopefully!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
When it happens, do the following things please :

- target the bots that don't respond
- type #hatelist
- say me what you see

Thx,
Mag
Ok I will. I went to a bunch of different dungeons last night with no issues. I'll go back to Charasis tonight and if it happens again I will do what you ask and give you the info.

Edit: If I remember correctly I fell through the floor of the east stairs pit trap at the entrance. My bots jumped on a skeleton down there and I took the teleporter back up, I then summoned my bots. This may have been when the issue occured. I will test it tonight.

Last edited by Blakine; 08-10-2007 at 04:59 PM..
Old 08-10-2007, 03:49 PM
oghog
Sarnak

Ok got it working, sort of.

I had a level 14 rogue and made a cleric and warrior bot.

The cleric bot keeps casting yaulp and courage as it wore off. No other buffs, and he kept casting a low level heal.

I then logged on my level 70 GM character, and created a new cleric bot. I added her to the group, and did a #bot update (where the bot said she was updated) followed by a #bot group remove, then respawned and regrouped her.

She still casted courage and yaulp, no other buffs. When fighting, she casted a small heal and thats it..

So what am I not doing. I did drop and source the npc spells from the website so I dont know what im doing wrong. Its basically like they are staying at a low level and the #bot update isnt working.

Thanks for any help!

This is at level 70...

Update : Looks like you have to ZONE after you do a #bot update for it to take effect, still testing....

Update 2 : She seems to cast resist buffs, (fire, cold, magic, poison, and disease) and frienzied strength...but isnt casting any HP or AC buffs at all. She does cast a higher level heal tho.....still testing...

Last edited by oghog; 08-11-2007 at 12:11 AM..
Old 08-11-2007, 03:01 PM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Dear Magoth,

You are awesome. I've been waiting for a long time for something like this to hit the EQEmu world. It makes life so much easier for people who want to play on their own server with live level content.

I've begun playing on my server with the bots, and I'll let you know of things as I see them to help out.

My other question though is are you accepting donations for this project? This is a lot of work, and I would like to see you rewarded at least a small bit for all the effort you are putting into this!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Thanks drakelord but for the moment, I don't need any donation.

If you really want to donate, you can still donate to the eqemulator's crew for the nice whole Everquest emulator project.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-12-2007, 06:19 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Updates:
--------

EQoffline is now at version 1.02.

- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Warriors bots are now able to do critical hits. Some other melee classes do critical hits after level 60 also.
- Weapons should be shown correctly.
- The melee dmg formulas have been reworked a bit.
- Unequiped bots (bots that don't have any weapon) will do minor damage. That rule doesn't apply for monks of course.
- High level clerics and shaman should now cast more buffs.

Build: http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar
Sources: http://eqoffline.free.fr/EQEmu-EQOffline.rar

You need to replace the old npc_spells_entries table by the new: http://eqoffline.free.fr/npc_spells_entries.rar

Have fun,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-12-2007, 02:38 PM
drakelord
Hill Giant

I did some more playing today. I have a few issues here and there, a lot to do with class dynamics, which I will type up a seperate list for each class later.

Main issues though were with the combat formulas. I made myself level 50, and geared myself accordingly, and made a bot with the exact same level and gear and class. I was hitting the mob for 40-70ish damage per hit, while the bot was hitting for 200-400. I could understand that damage at level 65 with epic lewt, but at level 50? Ouch.

And the bots do still have combat issues sometimes in confined zones. I was in Sirens Grotto, and a mob would agro me, and the bots would do nothing in some areas, despite the mob being on their hate list and them being right next to me.
Closed Thread