Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

"Main issues though were with the combat formulas. I made myself level 50, and geared myself accordingly, and made a bot with the exact same level and gear and class. I was hitting the mob for 40-70ish damage per hit, while the bot was hitting for 200-400. I could understand that damage at level 65 with epic lewt, but at level 50? Ouch."

- More info is needed. What is the level of the bot, its class, the weapon(s) he uses, its strength, its buffs ?

I paste the damage formulas so I can have advise on them (I repeat that I'm pretty bad a math formulas... ).

Standard melee hit formulas with weapons :
Code:
mindmgtmp = ( (weapon->Damage * (((GetSTR()*20) + ((GetLevel()*4)*15) + (GetLevel()*10)) / 1000)) /2 ) / (weapon->Delay / weapon->Damage);
maxdmgtmp = (weapon->Damage * (((GetSTR()*20) + ((GetLevel()*6)*15) + (GetLevel()*10)) / 1000)) / (weapon->Delay / weapon->Damage);
No weapons and class is Monk:
Code:
mindmgtmp = ( ((2+(GetLevel()/4)) * (((GetSTR()*20) + ((GetLevel()*4)*15) + (GetLevel()*10)) / 1000)) /2 );
maxdmgtmp = ( (2+(GetLevel()/4)) * (((GetSTR()*20) + ((GetLevel()*6)*15) + (GetLevel()*10)) / 1000));
No weapons (punching):
Code:
mindmgtmp = 2+(GetLevel()/10)+(GetSTR()/50);
maxdmgtmp = 2+(GetLevel()/5)+(GetSTR()/50);
The final hit is a integer random'ed between the min and the maxdmg.

As you can see there is no difference between 1hand and 2hands weap. There is no malus on off-hand weaps also, should I add it ? guess yes.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-13-2007, 04:55 AM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

I was down in Lower Guk the other day and my bot warrior (Gnome 40) was using an Executioners Axe from a_ghoul_executioner. He was QUADDING for near 200 damage constantly against red cons. I'm pretty sure he should only be able to hit twice per attack since it is a two handed sword (axe). Also, I didn't notice if the bots can proc on weapons that have the ability to do so. Thanks and keep up the good work.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:31 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Yeah, there is no particular check when a bot is using a 2hand weap.
I will fix that in the next days.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-13-2007, 06:04 AM
drakelord
Hill Giant

I think I might have found the problem.

I checked the database for the various stats of the characters, and for some reason, they are insane. 980 STR, 988 STA, 624 DEX, 632 AGI, etc.

A level 50 bot of the same level and class only has 80 STR naked, so my guess is that it is not taking the right numbers for equipment.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:35 AM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Sorry for the double post, but I found the problem, me thinks.

Each time I did #update on the bot after I put on a piece of gear, it added the stats. So with an item that adds +5 str, I updated 10 times, and the bot gained 50 str.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Ok, I will check that, thank you
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-15-2007, 01:44 AM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag another question,

Do static effects on equipment (such as haste on Flowing Black Silk Sash or DoT sheilding on some of the higher end items) affect the bots in anyway. I don't notice a change in the attack rate of my two bots with the FBSS but I don't have a parser to verify.

Do hit point adjustments on equipment modify the hit points of the bots? I notice that if a bot is at 100% health and I give him an item with +45HP his health doesn't drop to 99% (as it does with me) until natural regeneration 'heals' those 45 hit points.

Is there anyway to choose which spells your bots cast? I don't like how my shaman will not cast slow as this is a semi class defining skill. It would be nice to have an interface that you could use once you've spawned the bots to choose the spells they load.

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Updates:
--------

version 1.03.

-- Rewrited the functions related to the trading with bot and the way the stats of the bots were calculated.
-- Now, when you will give an item to a bot, the previous item that was in the slot of the new item, will pop on your cursor. This way, you will be able to give the replaced item to an other bot.
-- Worked once again on the damage formulas.
-- Added checks on 2hands: special dmg formula, number of hits, etc..
-- Rewrited the "#bot update" method and added a special Mob::CalcBotStats() function to the Mob class. This method is called each time a bot receives a new item.

Binaries: http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar
Sources: http://eqoffline.free.fr/EQEmu-EQOffline.rar

Have fun,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicvt View Post
Mag another question,

Do static effects on equipment (such as haste on Flowing Black Silk Sash or DoT sheilding on some of the higher end items) affect the bots in anyway. I don't notice a change in the attack rate of my two bots with the FBSS but I don't have a parser to verify.

Do hit point adjustments on equipment modify the hit points of the bots? I notice that if a bot is at 100% health and I give him an item with +45HP his health doesn't drop to 99% (as it does with me) until natural regeneration 'heals' those 45 hit points.

Is there anyway to choose which spells your bots cast? I don't like how my shaman will not cast slow as this is a semi class defining skill. It would be nice to have an interface that you could use once you've spawned the bots to choose the spells they load.

Thanks!
Effect on item doesn't affect the bot for the moment. I will see what I can do about that.

HP on item updates the stats of the bot. But it really takes effect once you zone.

For the moment, you can't really choose the spells unless you modify, by hands, the npc_spells_entries table. It's doable, not hard at all, but it requires some time to do. If someone wants to make a npc_spells_entries table with the right levels and spells, that could be really nice. What you just have to figure is the spells type and the priority then you're set.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-15-2007, 10:55 AM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

I updated to 1.03 and when I gave a bot a piece of equipment it didn't give me back what it USED TO have but rather what I just gave it. When I did #bot inventory list it showed the bot as having the item I gave it so the code seems to be duping the item instead of returning what it used to have.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:42 PM
drakelord
Hill Giant

I'll see about coming up with some proper spell lists for the bots. I've generally gone through all the classes, so it shouldn't be too hard.

This way, I can fix certain things, like shamans using the low level fury buff over and over again before it wears out, slowing the buffing process.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Quote:
Mag,

I updated to 1.03 and when I gave a bot a piece of equipment it didn't give me back what it USED TO have but rather what I just gave it. When I did #bot inventory list it showed the bot as having the item I gave it so the code seems to be duping the item instead of returning what it used to have.
I need more infos on this. What was the item ?
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Quote:
Mag,

Fixed.
Binaries and sources and uploaded.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-15-2007, 06:56 PM
drakelord
Hill Giant

I'll have the druid bot list done sometime in the next couple of hours. For npc_spells, I'm starting at ID 600, and for the npc_spell_entries, I'm starting at 4000. Sound ok to you?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:14 AM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

Here are 4 examples I can recall from yesterday (though based on your above post I'm not sure you still need them).

EX1 - I gave my shaman bot an Iron Mask of the Wise (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=23032) when it had a Coral Adorned Mask (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...ml?item=19245). It applied the Wise mask and returned another wise mask.

EX2 - I gave my cleric bot a Simple Cape of the Seer (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=23070) when it had a Hooded Black Cloak (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2187). It applied the Simple cape and returned the Simple cape.

EX3 - I gave my warrior bot a Grand Bracelet of Eternal War (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=23027) when he had 2 Granite Bracers (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=839). It applied the Grand Bracelet and returned the Granite Bracer like it should have. This is the only instance I can recall that actually worked.

EX4 - I gave my warrior bot a Knotted Belt of the Ravenous (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=23011) when he had a Flowing Black Silk Sash. It applied the Knotted belt and returned the Knotted belt.
Closed Thread