Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 02:58 PM
Valdaor
Sarnak

Damn it forgot to add - 80gig HD
Old 04-18-2003, 07:31 PM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

I just got patcher working - had to download 2 files to get it to work, but I KNOW the patcher works.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:56 PM
Valdaor
Sarnak

Dude, why didn't you say which files.. I spose I need them to get the patcher to work too... So what are they???
Old 04-18-2003, 11:53 PM
Valdaor
Sarnak

Awesome, I got it to work. Now I'm having another problem. I cannot connect to any of the servers that players and EQEmu provide. I think this is because the EQEmu Patcher is fucked it doesn't do shit. I was using EQWindow to get on. Also when the EQEmu Patcher use to work it would patch EverQuest and so on then when you log into EverQuest you don't get that picture of a frog where the 'connect, create account, account etc..' is. What the hell do I do now? All I have managed to do is get it into the EQEmu Login, but I have to make it so I can get onto the servers.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:56 PM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Are you sure you installed eqpatcher in the eq folder? The one with eqgame in it?
Old 04-19-2003, 02:44 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Man, you need to learn that all things dont work on all machines. How can 3000+ people run the patcher fine, and 20 or 30 cant? Did you know the patch server runs on the same exact webserver that the forums run on? You are posting, how did that happen and the patch server is down?!?! If the patchserver was down, the forums would be down also. Think about that.

Last night, I patched from live to eqemu with the patcher. I did this and logged onto Krusher's first attempt. No problems what so ever. Maybe you should just pay us for support. I only charge $40/hr. Just an idea.
Old 04-19-2003, 03:43 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Could it be a dns thing? What servers can you connect to, Vald? Can you connect to www.eqemu.net, or does it connect you to 64.yaddayadda?
Old 04-19-2003, 03:51 AM
Mortamer
Hill Giant

I admire anyone who has posted positively and tried to help this person.. Val, if you asked more nicely I could probably help you?
Old 04-19-2003, 11:55 AM
Valdaor
Sarnak

Okay guys.. You don't seem to be supporting me, but anyway. That eqhost.txt link is dead so I figured, eqlogin.eqemu.net:5999 would be the registration server and eqlogin1.eqemu.net:5999 & eqlogin.eqemu.net:5999 would be the login servers. Now with the EQEmu Patcher, it doesn't work for crap, so I downloaded EQWindow and used that. The login servers were perfect, but still another problem because I don't play Live I installed EQEmu Patcher into the EverQuest folder, well this is no problem this is what I did when I could play. Anyway there is something wrong with EQEmu Patcher, it won't start it just says "Cannot Connect to Patch Server" and for godsake Guest_03 just tell me the FILES!!!!
Old 04-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Valdaor
Sarnak

Mortamer, patience is time and time is being wasted, but the question is "Can you help?" if you could please just post a message here on the forum. :lol:
Old 04-19-2003, 12:17 PM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Hey, Val! I don't KNOW which files!! I patched before you asked!! If I had it, I would give it to you!! If you want to be rude to everyone, I don't want to help you. Good luck!
Old 04-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Valdaor
Sarnak

Bad Memory huh? "Sorry if you thought I was being rude?" you must have a downloads folder..
Old 04-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Thrune
Fire Beetle

For god sakes...

Ok, I had quite a few problems starting up EQEmu as well, here's what I did, and some of this might help.

Find out what the absolutely correct eqhost information is.

Run through Everquest Live Patcher thorough check 3 times (this got a few extra files).

*****REPLACE EQHOST AND SAVE******

Be sure Eqemu patcher files are with the rest of your Everquest live files.

Try running everquest from Eqemu patcher way (click on run eq on the patcher window).

Specify which error you are getting, if its the cannot connect to server (1007?) try patching eq thorough again, replacing eqhost again, and eqemu patching again.

If you can get to server select and it won't get to character select (at least this is what the problem was with me), you are missing files required for eqemu. At first people thought I had gotten the live patch that was unfixable. It turned out to BE fixable and I just had eqemu patcher files in the wrong folder.

Sorry if this wasn't enough, took me 5 hours to get eqemu up and running (it also wasted my much needed weekend). Have patience, there is always an answer.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:25 PM
Valdaor
Sarnak

Dude, I can't get into the part where you click "RUN" when I click the EqEmu Patcher link it just comes up with a little screen "Cannot Connect to Patch Server" behind it, it has Operation Terminated.. Okay, so i'm not having any errors, simply the EQEmu patcher won't run.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:31 PM
Thrune
Fire Beetle

hmmm... thats odd...

Try uninstalling the file again and redownloading it, make sure you have the location set to C:\ProgramFiles\Everquest\eqemupatch or whatever. One time I tried it and I just downloaded it to program files without click everquest
Closed Thread