Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

1029d is just some content changes (mostly potimeb) I'll be committing it today after I get more of the bosses done. You can use 1029c with Rev 52 just fine. Make sure you update your Titanium conf file!
Old 10-06-2008, 01:50 PM
cubber
Discordant

I always use the latest server files from the source by sym-linking the changing files from the server directory to my build directory:

I have one script for each build type. ie install_bots , install_nobots, install_svn:

here is my svn script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

#Create server symlinks

ln -s /usr/src/game-servers/eqemu/build/eqemu/EQEmu-0.7.0-SVN-r52/utils/defaults/* .
ln -s /usr/src/game-servers/eqemu/build/eqemu/EQEmu-0.7.0-SVN-r52/utils/patch_* .
ln -s /usr/src/game-servers/eqemu/build/eqemu/EQEmu-0.7.0-SVN-r52/utils/cleanipc .
ln -s /usr/src/game-servers/eqemu/build/eqemu/EQEmu-0.7.0-SVN-r52/world/world .
ln -s /usr/src/game-servers/eqemu/build/eqemu/EQEmu-0.7.0-SVN-r52/EMuShareMem/libEMuShareMem.so .
ln -s /usr/src/game-servers/eqemu/build/eqemu/EQEmu-0.7.0-SVN-r52/eqlaunch/eqlaunch .
ln -s /usr/src/game-servers/eqemu/build/eqemu/EQEmu-0.7.0-SVN-r52/zone/zone .
I have these scripts located in my server directroy. Oh yah, and the delete script that I run before I run the install script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

#Cleanup old symlinks

rm cleanipc commands.pl eqemu_config.xml.full eqlaunch libEMuShareMem.so log.ini logs mime.types patch_* plugin.pl templates world worldui worldui.pl zone
The only things that stay static in my server directory are the quests, maps, xml files, spell files and the start - stop - persist world scripts.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:36 PM
cubber
Discordant

Hmm, seems I am unable to get past character select. I have tried now on rev's 52 and 57 with peq_1029c.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:01 PM
cubber
Discordant

I belive my issue is DB related. Seems there are a few extra tables when upgrading from 1029 to 1029c, and these tables are not added when you load the peq-db.sql file. Looks like they are load_player.sql tables. One of these in particular is group_id.

What is the cleanest way to update an old db with characters and accounts to the new 1029c? Just add the missing tables, and append the new variables, rule_values and commands?

I take it new variables, rule_values, and commands are always located at the end of the .sql files? This way I can just look at the end of the file and add everything that comes after the last entry I have in my db?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2008, 01:20 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I was meaning to add an updates folder to the PEQ CVS for instances like this when the user tables change. If you do a full install, then you're set, but obviously those who don't wish to lose their toons need to manually update their DB.

For the new tables, all you need to do is look at the tables on the PEQ CVS, and compare them to your current db. Any that you are missing, source (that's why the user tables are split up on CVS - so you can source in individual ones if you wish) Yes, new additions to commands, variables, and rule_values are tacked on the end of those files.

For the changed tables (character_ for example was changed) check out the utils/sql/09252008.sql file on the source SVN first and look for the ALTER table queries. If it effects a table that has a file on PEQ CVS, then you need to source it. (As an example, the character_ alters need to be done, but the spawngroup one does not as that is included in the system part of the DB already) Once that is done, go through the changelog and look for alter queries that aren't in that big change file that you might have missed along the way.

I'm going to add an updates folder to PEQ CVS to help ease this in the future now.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:30 PM
cubber
Discordant

Thanks for the update Cavedude, I figured that was my issue. I did look at those files you mentioned last night and thought that they may already have been added to the db. I ended up reverting back to my 1029 stable with bots and just updated to the newest stable bot source. So I will run with that until you release 1029d then I will attempt svn again. Do you think you will be merging your "updates" folder in the 1029d cvs?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Well, you could run the 1129d system DB with the 1129 binaries. Any extra tables/columns will be ignored by the code. Nothing was removed or changed in the DB that will break the code, nor will be to maintain full compatibility with stock EQEmu. (The SVN should be considered experimental) That way, you'll still be able to use the content additions/fixes.

Yeah, I'll put all of the updates to get a DB current from as far back as the group change in one sql in the updates folder. I'll also make sure the file can be sourced even if some of the tables/columns exist without destroying anything. Look for that later today.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
cubber
Discordant

I figured that the db was backwards compatable thank you for confirming it, and thanks for the all the hard work you put into this project!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I just made a core update with my PEQ database here, which is about a week old. You should be able to run it and keep your account/character info, although you will loose your bot data (you can back that up with GeorgeS tool).
Here's the Link (always back up first!)
You still need to run these sqls if you want to use todays SVN;
Code:
ALTER TABLE `zone` ADD column `shutdowndelay` bigint (16) unsigned NOT NULL default '5000';
INSERT INTO rule_values VALUES (1,'Zone:AutoShutdownDelay', 5000);
This update should give you all the new tables that are out except the keyring table, since people already are using it.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Bots won't be lost provided they run the .bat file on CVS before dropping and sourcing the DB But, not to offend why post a link to the PEQ db? PEQ's CVS is up to date with SVN.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:24 AM
KrackAdams
Fire Beetle

Is there going to be more w/ Bots Revision to download or is the Revision 166 Win32 binaries w/ Bots Featured Server Bots the last one or do you need to update SVN w/ Revision201-bots or higher or does the Revisions come with the bot code already sorry for the question I'm a noob when it comes to the SVN system
Old 11-30-2008, 03:47 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

^-- not me, btw... though I have been known to toke the pipe more often than I should...
Old 02-13-2009, 12:14 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

I have noticed that Attuneable Items fix is not even on the list of the issues to be implemented.

<<<very concerned
Old 02-22-2009, 01:52 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Just noticed this one:

r352
Removed Combat:ChanceToHitDivideBy rule. Set value to Live Like 1000.

LOL Cavedude why remove rule allready coded in? Why not simply set it to default 1000? And then some of us perhaps would have a a chance to make it less or more?
Old 02-22-2009, 01:58 AM
KLS
Administrator

Because it should never of been in in the first place.