Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:13 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Seemed to be a version of VS that caused the issue. Deleted cache (whatever that does) and reconfigured with changing the generator to VS2013 version.

Since at the beginning of this guide it states to follow every line to a 'T', this direction should be modified accordingly.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:25 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Are you using VS express 2012 or 2013? You probably selected the wrong compiler in your cmake setup

Edit did not see your lastly first. The guide says to select the version for your compiler.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:33 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Got it up and running, finally.

I'm able to log in and run around, kill stuff, loot stuff, do trades, hand-ins, group plus others can log in from outside the network.

Ooc and pms (tells) are not enabled although I believe that is because of the config and the ip associated. Which leads me to another question. Will I need a static IP so others can consistently login? If so, how can I acquire one?

Many steps in the 'guide' were incorrect for my situation. I'm tempted to compile and update for a new guide so everyone that attempts this in the future can avoid the frustration and hours of wasted time 'searching' and asking 'stupid' questions of those with the right eye color.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:02 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Default Database Questions...

I sourced the three .sql's recommended by drakephoenix namely, peqbeta*.sql file and the user_tables*.sql along with source_views. Do I need to source anything else as it recommends from the old guide, ie. 'updates' as read from the guide?

Additionally, when I went into qeynos, I noticed I couldn't do some simple old-world noob quests upon hailing. Anything related to the database that would change this?

Also, how can I change major aspects of the server such as locking expansions and content or, maybe more appropriately, where do I find the file to change? I found the lists, https://code.google.com/p/projecteqe...on/ruletypes.h and http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...iables#current and need to know what to do next.

Lastly, the daily download... what do I do with the files? like how... I've seen instructions on this before but, my recent searches have been fruitless.

Please advise.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:17 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Did you compile with Lua enabled? If not you will not be able to do much of anything in Qeynos as that zone's quest files are mostly converted to Lua from Perl.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:11 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Not that I'm aware of. That was a detail I didn't pick up on.

How can I remedy this?
Old 03-14-2014, 02:58 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Cool to hear Lua is catching up.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:08 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Can someone tell me about Lua? As in, do I need to download it and configure it in a specific manner?
Old 03-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Uleat
Developer

Make sure that you have the proper dependencies installed in your source folder.

Probably easiest to just delete the 'Build' folder, and then re-run cmake..enabling everything that you had before plus the Lua checkbox.
You will need to recompile the entire solution and copy those files to your server directory. (In cmake, after selecting the options, you
will hit configure. Most likely, there will still be one red line left meaning there was a change to the options, so you will hit configure a second
time. Once there is no red left, click generate.)

Copy the 'lua_modules' folder from your quests download into your server directory (like you did with the 'plugins' folder.)

(perl = 'plugins'; lua = 'lua_modules')

Copy the 'lua51.dll' file from your '\<dependencies>\luaj_[ver]\bin\' folder to your server directory.

If I'm not mistaken or missing anything, that should enable lua support for your server.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-14-2014, 10:11 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Correct Uleat
Old 03-15-2014, 12:15 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

Thanks guys.

I assume I will go back to *step three* and 'Use CMake to build the required Visual Studio Solution and Project files' of the outdated guide after deleting and remaking the build folder, then follow your additional instructions.

Will give it a shot momentarily.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:01 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

It's been a little over a week since I was first able to see my server in the 'server select' screen and log in the server. I've been learning about the database and trying to figure out the quest system since.

I've spent many hours altering 'npc_types' and spawn information. I've altered a total of nine zones as of this writing. I learning some basic query commands to assist. Some zones had massive overhauls while others just a few omissions. It's very time consuming.

I've tinkered around with about 25% of the tables and I have a decent understanding of the connections between them. For example, I have made it so a new character will enter their home city rather than the 'Mines' and PoK stones are 'disabled'.

Some of the rule_values and/or variables seem to cause problems of various magnitudes. It seems some of the values in the variables table aren't used.

A short while ago, I enabled the old-world quest system. Getting more to the point: I have noticed zone times have increased since this enabling. Is this normal? It wasn't a completely controlled environment to allow myself to pinpoint it so, I couldn't.

I had changed the rule_name 'Zone:AutoShutdownDelay' in the rule_values table to a much higher number. This seemingly made the client crash anytime I zoned. Is there a way to keep zones persistent if the server is on and is this reasonable? Is it even possible (reasonable) for any EQ emulator?

I am also having major 'hopping' issues. Any zone with uneven terrain has this issue. I noticed this on p99 at different times and understand some of this is virtually unavoidable but, I would like to improve it. I read something about having the proper map files. Should I purge my current map files and SVN new ones? Will this have an effect on my already altered content? Will this solve the hopping problem or are there other things I should look at, like some of the rule_values?

Finally, if I redo the entire server configuration from step one, can I insert the current database? For that matter, can I have multiple databases and change the database depending on need?

Many more questions I won't ask yet. I don't wish to test the patience of the 'community'.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2014, 01:49 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
I am also having major 'hopping' issues. Any zone with uneven terrain has this issue. I noticed this on p99 at different times and understand some of this is virtually unavoidable but, I would like to improve it. I read something about having the proper map files. Should I purge my current map files and SVN new ones? Will this have an effect on my already altered content? Will this solve the hopping problem or are there other things I should look at, like some of the rule_values?
Try using the following:

Map:FixPathingZWHenLoading - true
Map:FixPathingZAtWaypoints - true
Map:FixPathingZWhenMoving - true
Map:FixPathingZOnSendTo - true

Map:FixPathingZMaxDeltaSendTo - 12.0
Map:FixPathingZMaxDeltaLoading - 12.0
Map:FixPathingZMaxDeltaMoving - 12.0
Map:FixPathingZMaxDeltaWaypoint - 12.0

Map:FindBestZHeightAdjust - 2
Old 03-23-2014, 12:16 AM
Uleat
Developer

You may also want to check to see whether there are maps for the zones you are experiencing this in.

(I seem to remember that the RoF client tended to show other clients 'bouncing' at times..npcs were fine, thoguh..not sure if that was ever looked at.)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-23-2014, 04:25 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

Applied the changes and as soon as I can login I will observe.

Thanks bro.