Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Sarepean
Discordant

Woot! Way to call it. =)
Old 07-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_boz
Has anyone that played on WR server been on the IRC channel? I've been looking for more info as to where the situation currently stands. Been on the channel wiz put out but havent seen anyone there.

http://67.15.24.48/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4449

Unfortunately the tone of this IRC blog suggests Wiz is using this as a way to springboard into their new project, and are not expressing much interest in protecting WR for future development. This is a shame because there are many of us who've been developing characters on WR for over a year.

A huge part of the appeal of WR was all the fond memories of playing EQ. A new custom game(with new artwork) will be sorely lacking in the nostalgia department.
The chance of a loss in court is considerable, and even if we DO win, we'll still have blown more money than the lot of us have combined on lawyers. We're sorry you don't want to join us on Dawntide, but considering I lose four level 65s and over 1200 AAs across them on a server where experience comes slower than on Live, not to mention my personal contributions to the server development and all the hours I put in both as a player and GM and for the community, you have no right to shit on us for trying to protect our asses from a corporation like Sony who can sue us till we don't have pants to cover them.

It's so easy to say you should stand up for what you believe in when it isn't your financial future that's on the line for EverQuest.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Tvrell
Fire Beetle

Default Dawntide?

So what is Dawntide? Can you give me any info?
Old 07-19-2005, 01:20 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

http://www.dawntide.net