Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-10-2004, 07:04 AM
mikenune
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by image
Ok, want me to leave the project, il leave, I have a ton of other things I can do.
I'm not asking you to leave the project (although I certainly can't and won't stop you if that's what you've decided). I just think it's wrong to provide files like that - files you have no legal right to provide - on a public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by /dev/n00b
I am hosting the warez files. Im giving them out freely in irc. If sony wants to toss me a C&D I will stop hosting them. Im trying to do a nice thing for the player base of EQEMu.
While I appreciate your honesty, I, like - I hope - many other EQEMu'ers, am simply scared what hosting those files could do to to this community.

While it is likely that they would respond with a Cease and Desist order, they could jump straight to legal action. And something like that (especially if image is going to leave) would decimate the EQEMu community and kill the project.

And I definately don't want that. EQEMu has breathed new life into the EQ experience for me, just as it has for virtually everybody here. I love EQEMu and I love the community that has grown around the incredible amount of time and effort that you devs have put into it.

I just don't want to see all this that you've built come crashing down.
Furthermore THE POSTER assumes no responsibility and makes no warranty, guarantee,
or representation for the content of any web or FTP sites linked to or from this
post.

THE POSTER reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under
which THE POSTER presents information. It is the responsibility of THE READER to
regularly review these terms, conditions, and notices. THE READER understands that
the reading of any content including or covered by this disclaimer constitutes THE
READER's acceptance of and agreement to such changes.

THE POSTER retains the right to in any way alter the content of this post at any
time with or without prior notice to THE READER.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Drewfus
Sarnak

My god you people are ridicules. You whine if they don't, you whine if they do. What the hell. If you don't like what the devs do they go off and make your own damn programs. Don't come around here and F()@K it up for the rest of us. Ignore the ignorace of the few others that posted on this thread. They are obviously just trying to insite anger in the people that do all the work.

Oh and by the way I can't create any more char on your Guildwars server. I have 2 that me and my son play but the other 2 sons are getting pissed that they are getting left out. I thought it was ok to have 3 char playing but I can't even create another char. I even delted a third char because my kids did not set stats the correct way but I can't create anything. If it is something that I am doing wrong let me know!!! Otherwise I just keep playing with 2. Thanks and screw the other guys!!!

No offense other guys! Right??
Old 05-10-2004, 10:16 AM
smogo
Discordant

There's no point making a big thread out of this.

Many people think image was wrong ; it's no big deal, but there's no reason to silence it. If GW Server Op is to provide warez to GW users, let it be on GW site.

i don't like SOE, i don't like warez ; community was build around some smart rules (no warez, no spam, no flaming, threat or vengeance, ...). EQEMu users adhere to it. Rules don't make a community, but spoiling them spoils the community. Change rules, np, but let this be clear.

Image as a dev has done great work, recent net code is one of many examples, no doubt. Mikenune spoke for me on this post's matter, however.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:07 AM
qeps
Fire Beetle

omg whine more plz
Old 05-11-2004, 06:29 AM
mikenune
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by qeps
omg whine more plz
It's all fun and games until you end up in a federal prison for distributing stolen goods across state lines, receiving stolen goods, and setting up a server to distribute those stolen goods.

The following is an excerpt from the Intellectual Property Sentencing Guidelines page of CyberCrime.gov.

[quote]
Furthermore THE POSTER assumes no responsibility and makes no warranty, guarantee,
or representation for the content of any web or FTP sites linked to or from this
post.

THE POSTER reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under
which THE POSTER presents information. It is the responsibility of THE READER to
regularly review these terms, conditions, and notices. THE READER understands that
the reading of any content including or covered by this disclaimer constitutes THE
READER's acceptance of and agreement to such changes.

THE POSTER retains the right to in any way alter the content of this post at any
time with or without prior notice to THE READER.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:44 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Quote:
Many people think image was wrong
I dont think image is wrong, you to me, he is one of the eqemu devs, he do what he want, its his project afterall.
I just say its fun

Old 05-11-2004, 09:29 AM
smogo
Discordant

Apologizes to anyone that post seemed to speak in the name of, without knowing. This was just personnal opinion, so called 'whinning', or 'sharing', depending on point of view.

As for the project, ... it does not belong to anyone, does it ? It's copyrighted, and GPL'ed.

The BB server does belong to the one(s) who pay for it. They decide in the end. They already decided, as far as it seems.